Kanga blew it again. Looks like a lockout

JJJ

After just posting how happy I was that it looked like I would get my grant application in tomorrow and we have a post-adoption staffing on Monday, I spoke with group home and not only are they not likely to be allowing her to stay an extra couple of weeks, they may be kicking her out on Thursday. Little Miss Kanga has been showing her true colors: 'borrowing' things that aren't hers, some sort of disagreement with another girl over food, and a new one for Kanga-inappropriate conversations and touching the other girls. When staff tried to talk to her about it, Kanga thought it was funny.

I work so hard to get this kid help and she thwarts me at every turn. I'm sitting here crying.

Aw sweetie!

I don't get it, wouldn't those behavior be a sign that she needs to be there? Or she only needs to be "psychotic", not a thief too. What the heck.

I am so sorry.

aeditha17

Awwww hon, you just cry. Sometimes you have to let the drain out. I have no wisdom about this except that I would hug you if I could.
{{{HUGS}}} like this for now.
Brandi

JJJ

It isn't a group home for mentally ill children, just a shelter home for short term care for various reasons (single parent having surgery, etc.). They aren't equipped to deal with her more severe needs, we had all just hoped that she'd honeymoon longer.

nvts

I wish I had some real insight for you. I wish I could just give you a hug. I wish I could make Kanga better.

Try telling the group home that she's doing this so that she can thwart you at any turn so that she doesn't have to go to Residential Treatment Center (RTC). Tell them anything that you have to in order to get them to keep her.

Tell them that I'll give them my first born if they keep her...

wait a minute...

they'd DEFINATELY send her home then...

Hugs from me...
Beth

DDD

Is it possible that the "bad choices" were intentionally done? Could Kanga be afraid of the upcoming change?

I'm sorry that you are going through this new round of stress. Sending hugs. DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
J3,

take a breath - (here you can have one of mine) - done crying? Okay good.

Now - YOU go back to that place and tell them that you have small, impressionable children in your home and that COMING HOME is dangerous to your entire family, not to mention Kanga - and MAKE THEM come up with the alternative placement for her. THERE IS SOMEWHERE - someone DOES know A PLACE - MAKE THEM ACCOUNTABLE -

Tell them by kicking her out without another placement THEY ALONE are placing your children in danger - and that should something happen you are holding them responsible for not following through with treatment.

You can't tell me that there isn't a place for her anywhere in your state or that this group home doesn't have an alternative and appropriate placement for her. HONESTLY! How much more can ya take?

I would = seriously call your governors office and tell them that your daughter is ill and this group home is not helping you find alternative placement.

I would call the Disabilities and Special Needs (type) group in your area and tell them you need help.

I've even threatened the news stations - to be told if we didn't get help -
In 3 months - everyone will forget what you asked for = but you.

GO GET EM TIGER!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

JJJ

Update - the home has agreed to keep her until next Friday. I have found the number of another possible home but they haven't called back yet. The psychiatrist is looking at readmitting her as an inpatient (my preferred choice). So the train is back on track, temporarily.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm glad they have agreed to keep her a while longer. I will be praying another placement becomes available soon. Hugs.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so sorry that all this is going on. I agree with Star, if they try to put her out sooner, tell then whatever they need to hear to make THEM come up with a place.

Trust you instincts.

Hugs,

Susie

ps praying for the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) to come through with funding and a bed and everything Kanga needs

slsh

member since 1999
Glad things are back on track for now. I was also wondering if readmission might be an option - could always argue her new behaviors represent a "threat to others"????

Sorry - had to chuckle over social security card. husband thought I was nuts for requesting 3 copies of each kids' birth certificate. 19 years later, he understands. I should've thought to do the same with the social security cards (wonder if you even can??). Sending Mommy-magic-superhuman-finding powers your way.