Kanga coming home tonight :(

house of cards

This is sooo wrong. I will pray for everyone that funding comes through very fast, that husband can handle things with Kanga and that your family is a safe haven for the rest of your family. I could kiss your parents, what great support they are (silver lining).

jannie

trying to survive....
Sending prayers for you and the family. You have been through so much--I hope the funding comes quickly. It sounds like a good plan to go to your mother's home.

slsh

member since 1999
JJJ, sorry it's come to this. You have to wonder about the state of common sense in the word, you know?

How did the interview with- Residential Treatment Center (RTC) go? Will keep fingers crossed that grant people are ahead of the game, approval comes quickly, *and* that you have found an Residential Treatment Center (RTC) that you are comfortable with and feel is appropriate for her.

Hopefully, *your* team has a low threshold to readmit if she crosses the line at all.

A gentle hug to you. This has to have been an incredibly draining process. My heart is with you.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
If we were not battling with idoits in our own state I might be shocked, however it doesn't shock me anymore.

Sending many prayers that you and your family are safe through this ordeal. I hope that something appropriate will happen soon.

Hugs
Beth

JJJ

How does a child spend 84 days in intensive psychiatric treatment and come home unchanged????? She is whining, pushing the rules, and generally unpleasant. Uuuugggghhhhhh!!! I drove home this morning to see her off to her first day at her new school. Course, just found out that her bus is not coming, so we have to drive her.

LittleDudesMom

JJJ,

I can't believe she has been in treatment that long! Sorry that you saw absolutely no change in Kanga. Hugs. Hope the funding comes through quickly.

Sharon

dreamer

JJJ wanted to let you know I am rooting for you. I wish I could say I was shocked, stunned etc..but---truth is I have been there done that here and while I know squeaky wheel gets the grease.....the grease is usually a spin on records, or people pushing paper, shoving things off their desk, onto someone elses desk- ANYONE elses desk----no matter what the Good thing to do is or what the Right thing to do is.....move things, pass the buck, get the case moved--- Funding is a problem, correct placement is a problem, too often professionals literally truly really do not KNOW what to do with these kids......and it is a huge mess and leaves too many people vulnerable, at risk etc. What is sad, too, aside from the families of these difficult children and all they go thru is that many of these difficult children themselves COULD be quite productive members of society if they could get the help they need. Often they can think very outside the box---are quite creative, highly intelligent, have enormous energy levels.....
All this failure simply, in my opinion also reinforces all their negative symptoms etc. And then these difficult children become persons without a country so to speak.
It is a great tragedy, to be sure.

I am always sad when I see things have really not changed much since I first found myself on this whole journey.