Kanga in rare form

JJJ

Kanga is threatening to run from the Residential Treatment Center (RTC). I told staff but apparently she had already told them she's running :tongue: Staff asked me if she'd ever been restrained before because they were growing concerned that she would need to be restrained (it would be a first for her at Residential Treatment Center (RTC)). No phone call yet so either she settled down and went to bed or the whole place is lit up and they haven't had time to call :faint:

This just reinforces to me that she needs to stay there longer. I just hope that the funding people continue to see her need as well.

I'm sad that she is so delusional. She told husband yesterday that "everyone" at the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) said she is ready to come home. Not.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
JJJ, I'm so sorry that you have the funding fight. I know we did every quarter for the tweedles when they were in Residential Treatment Center (RTC).

I remember the night kt ran from Residential Treatment Center (RTC) & staff were too busy with the aftermath to let me know kt had returned until the next morning. Ugh!

Hope that Kanga is less delusional (by the way, I can't remember her hx. Is it delusional or dissociative because of abuse? Big difference in treatment strategy.)

Big (((((hugs))))) to you & husband this morning.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
JJJ--

So sorry to hear this news....hopefully she settled and went to bed. I'm not surprised she thinks "everyone" says she is ready to come home. It seems that kind of thinking is the norm for so many of our difficult children.

Hope you hear some good news today....

--DaisyFace

JJJ

JJJ, I'm so sorry that you have the funding fight. I know we did every quarter for the tweedles when they were in Residential Treatment Center (RTC).

So far we have been lucky with our funding renewals. It was difficult to get the initial funding but so far each quarter has been approved. But others on our funding stream have had great trouble and lost their funding when their children were still desperately in need. It is a constant worry.

Hope that Kanga is less delusional (by the way, I can't remember her hx. Is it delusional or dissociative because of abuse? Big difference in treatment strategy.)

Both. She dissociates because of abuse in birth home and foster home #2. She also has severely impaired reality/delusions. It makes for difficult treatment.

JJJ

JJJ--

So sorry to hear this news....hopefully she settled and went to bed. I'm not surprised she thinks "everyone" says she is ready to come home. It seems that kind of thinking is the norm for so many of our difficult children.

Hope you hear some good news today....

--DaisyFace

The first time she told me that "everyone" said she was ready to come home I panicked. Then I calmed down and figured she was probably lying :mad:

Now, she insists that "everyone" says she is ready to come home whenever she is having difficulty maintaining her "perfect little princess" act at Residential Treatment Center (RTC).

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
On the one hand you feel for the kid if she truly feels like she is going to get out or run somewhere.
But the chaos and the stress it causes, it has got to be so tiring.
I really hope the state finds the funding. They have no clue what a mess they would be creating if they let her out.
So sorry she seems to never get a grip on her future.