Kanga staying at psychiatric hospital

JJJ

For a variety of reasons, the team has decided that Kanga needs to stay at the psychiatric hospital a while longer. After the 18-year old hung herself, 11 of the 14 other girls had to be hospitalized. They are making the rules a lot stricter and want the girls to process that while in a more secure environment. They still have to do the psychiatric testing as well.

Kanga is ticked. She wants out now.

JJJ

Oh, it is definitely for the best. I'm going to be very interested in this testing. And I think Kanga manipulated to get to the psychiatric hospital to see boys and be with her "friends" that were already there. Now she is going to miss the beginning of school and she is on no-roommate and close watch due to her antics at Residential Treatment Center (RTC). She needs to learn that she doesn't get to rule the world. That if she is unsafe, her world becomes a very small bubble.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Sigh. I hope it helps her. What are they looking for with this round of testing? A confirmation of some kind? Or further clarification?

JJJ

Her diagnosis is being changed from Bipolar to Schitzoaffective and the testing is looking at a possible diagnosis of Dissociative Identity Disorder.

graceupongrace

Glad they're keeping her under close watch -- both physically and in terms of the testing. Difficult, but at the same time a relief, I would imagine. Hugs.

JJJ

psychiatrist said that the therapy for DID is very different than the therapy for bipolar. Bipolar concentrates on learning to recognize subclinical symptoms and report to psychiatrist for medication changes before a full mood swing and to manage her emotions. DID therapy focuses on reintergrating the alters into the base personality. I don't fully understand it all yet, I'm waiting to see the test results before I get educated on yet another diagnosis.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
...I'm waiting to see the test results before I get educated on yet another diagnosis.

What? Too tired to go chasing down another rabbit hole, Alice? :tongue: All joking aside, I hope they can pin it down. Seems like then there could really be some hope for progress if you've got a clearer idea of what you're dealing with. It has to feel like you're in another holding pattern right now, on the verge of sliding backwards at any moment.

DammitJanet

If her diagnosis's change I wonder if they will change her medications? Schizoaffective is a combo of bipolar and schiz from what I can understand. Or at least that is the closest way to describe it. Thought disorder with delusions and paranoia along with mood swings. That is what we fully believe my mother had. Add in DID...whew.

I hope they get her settled.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I hope they can figure something out. I understand the rabbit hole thing...

I asked my husband last night...do I still qualify as Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) if taking no for answer all these years has finally led tot he right diagnosis??? lol keep chasing the rabbit holes! or at least sic the dogs...