Kanga's on run

JJJ

I've spoken to Residential Treatment Center (RTC) three times today. They still haven't found her. I did find out that one of staff went to the truck stop to try and make sure she didn't hitch a cross country ride. Course, they could have missed her.

They made a list of possible destinations and were checking them one by one. No luck.

18+ hours.....

JJJ

I figured out something I could do from here. I spoke with the detective in her town and confirmed that they put her info into the national data base. Then I spoke with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. They are going to add her to their database and create one of those posters you see at Walmart.

Apparently it stormed in her town last night so her not coming back to the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) when she must have been hungry, cold (dropped to low 30s), and wet means only two things (1) she's lost or (2) she hooked up with someone, likely a strange man. Neither option is good.

The Residential Treatment Center (RTC) made some of their own posters and started putting them up around their town.

DammitJanet

No word yet? This is getting to be a long time. The truck stop link really worries me because that leaves a whole new avenue open. Is it worth putting up a picture of her there saying she is missing and if they see her to call the Residential Treatment Center (RTC)? That way maybe a trucker wouldnt give her a ride. At least hopefully not.

slsh

member since 1999
Thinking of you. Don't know what else to say. I know you've covered all bases several times over.

Hugs.

Kathy813

Staff member
Oh, JJJ, I'm so sorry that she is on the run. I think getting the police to keep a watch over your house would be a good idea at this point.

I hope they find her soon!

~Kathy

JJJ

It was door #2.....she's with a strange adult man.

She called her ex-boyfriend (the one she ran with in September). He seems like a decent kid and he called the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) to let them know where she was on the condition that they never tell her that he narc'ed her out. Deal!

The Residential Treatment Center (RTC) sent the police to the house and the guy denied having seen her, refused to let the police look inside and was generally hostile. But, without more proof, the police couldn't do anything. They did reassure Residential Treatment Center (RTC) staff that this was their first time out to that house and best they could tell, there were no felons/etc living there. Residential Treatment Center (RTC) is going to send staff there tomorrow morning and try and sweet talk her out.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Ugh! ugh ! UUGGHH!!!!!

Gosh I just hope she stays unharmed and the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) staff can get her out of there before anything else happens!!!

buddy

I don't even have words, what do you even say to that? How do you cope? You are so used to it I suppose but still....(I guess I have her to thank for the perspective on my parenting life, ugggg)

I hope she doesn't bolt now that they are on to her. Wish someone could sit outside to monitor the house but who the heck would do that?

HUGS, this can't be easy.