Keep good thoughts...Eviction court in AM

DammitJanet

Well, Cory got the papers served the morning of the graduation. He has the eviction court tomorrow morning.

The reasons given on the paperwork are pure malarkey. The landlord states that Cory has been fighting in the trailer park and that Cory sells "crack cocaine, heroin, and meth" out of his trailer. Uhhh...not! This landlord has been driving by the trailer making harassing comments the past week.

The idiot would have been better off to attempt to evict him for something like having a non-working car in the driveway or having a vehicle parked on the grass when someone visits or even playing the TV to loud. Or even wait till one month if they go past the 5th on the rent maybe. But what he is saying is a lie so he cant prove a lie. Cory has never been in a fight there and he certainly isnt selling drugs.

What this is is a scam. This guy rents inhabitable homes to poor people who cant get good places to rent then they fix up the trailers and he evicts them and then he can rent them out for more money. Well...I have his scam right here (insert his gonads in my right hand!)

I have pulled up Landlord Tenant Law and what the landlord is required to do...and boy is this dude in for a rude awakening!

Keep Premises in Safe and Habitable Condition: If the landlord complies with his other duties, he most likely will be in compliance with this requirement as well. But this general, catch-all requirement ensures that the landlord cannot rent an unsafe or uninhabitable residence due to some loophole in the specific requirements of the local codes and state laws.

There is more but clearly he is hoovered. This idiot came over to Cory's tonight to try to talk Cory out of going to court tomorrow...said he will tell the judge that he told Cory he didnt have to come! Yeah right!!! If Cory doesnt go then he forfeits his right to contest the eviction. Like Im letting that happen...lol. Then the cops would be there in 10 days to remove him from the property...Im not stupid.

I think this should be interesting tomorrow. Im ready to fight!

everywoman

Isn't it nice to be fighting for them instead of with them!!! Go get 'em warrior mom. This guy needs to be "outed." What he has done to Cory is so wrong morally, ethically, and legally.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Shine up that warrior Mom armor. :D Woot Woot! This slum lord don't know who he's messin' with! He's in for a ride, and knows it which is why he's now trying to talk Cory out of showing up. lol

Oh, to be a fly on that wall. I'll be holding good thoughts all day. Sic 'em!!! :D :D :D

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Go get'em, momma!

In our small community in Maine so many of the landlords renting to powerless kids were OUTRAGEOUS in their behavior. There were entire buildings filled with kids on welfare, not a single adult was present. The owner of these apts. was on the school board! difficult child 2 was staying in a house with his girlfriend and tons of other druggies. The owner of the house? She was girlfriend's therapist!!! Her husband ran an Residential Treatment Facility (RTF) for troubled kids. He was friends with our Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW). Talk about incestuous dealings!

I want to hear how you nailed his cojones to the wall. I'm living vicariously, I always felt so powerless to confront those slumlords.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Janet.....TAKE NOTES!!!! I want to hear exactly what happens! I don't suppose these proceedings are video taped by any chance???

I'm hoping you or Corey still have receipts for all of the supplies and materials he bought to make this place habitable. THAT would, I'm sure, really back up the selling crack story by this schmuck!!!

SIC EM!!!!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I wish I could be there. I've had to sic the law on an apartment place once and when they figured out I was not joking they stepped up. Of course it was a whole complex so they didn't want to be shut down!!!

You've got the goods on this guy. And since he cannot prove drug sales by Cory - no police reports I'm sure - that part won't work. As for timing... Interesting when you pull out the police report about the robbery and then the eviction notice. THAT will look and smell fishy!!!

Good luck, and you go girl! With ya in cyber spirit!

DammitJanet

Well that was anti-climatic! We didnt get to say a thing...lol. Bad landlord got called up and he told the judge that he was "wrong about the young Mr. McCall and got him confused with another tenant and was doing a voluntary dismissal" and the judge dismissed the case!

I am still going to try to find whoever it is that governs landlords and rentals and see how to turn in slumlords.

M

ML

I think the landlord is doing the things he's accusing Cory of. Maybe since Cory doesn't fit the profile landlord wants him out so he can more in a more agreeable tenant. I know, perhaps a bit of a conspiracy theory but it makes as much sense as any of it.

Star*

call 911........call 911
MY HUGE HUGE problem with this entire thing - is that

ON LEGAL PAPER IN A COURT HELD DOCUMENT - it says
'
Cory sells dope....not just pot -but CRACK, METH - etc.

I would be livid - and DEMAND a total apology - not just a namby pamby - UH I was mistaken......

I'd want that entire CARPIN thing expunged or a letter WRITTEN by landjerk (not a lord at all) to attach to it - because.........

In the future ------
Or NOW.............
With Meth busts being SO SO tantamount to police -
A cop looks over this -
Sees it
Thinks he's got the big bust -
And comes with SWAT -
To find CORY with (Whatever) Oregano.....
And it's another strike -

I'd have more than his gonads here Janet -

BUT I KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO EAT THIS TWIT for breakfast.....

I'm just the Auntie 200 miles away seething.

lovemysons

Ya Janet, I'm with Star, I don't think Cory's name should be associated with this kind of activity on a legal doctor...that would really bother me too.

How UNcomfortable it's gotta be for Cory to continue to live there...even if the landlord says he made a mistake. I would think the landlord would just be looking for a reason to try something like this again. hm.

Good luck with turning in this slumlord.
Tammy

DammitJanet

Oh I am not thrilled with that at all but anyone can allege anything if they want to and they dont have to have proof these days. All you have to do is go down and swear out a warrant. Then....oops. I dont know where this will end up now that it is dismissed. I dont think it goes into the same "area" as in his record because it was small claims court. This wasnt criminal court so it wont be on his record as in a charge and dismissal. This was civil and with no judgement entered it probably just goes into some file somewhere of dismissals.

mstang67chic

Going Green
From here on out if Cory isn't doing it already, he should make copies of and keep ALL receipts, paperwork, etc. ... ANYTHING related to his rent, lease, contract. And I would make multiple sets of these copies and keep at least one set off site somewhere. Gee....does Cory know anyone with a safe? :tongue: Also, just as we warrior parents know...document any and all conversations with this schmuck. Date, time, when, where, what it was about...everything. Copy these also and keep off site.

Glad it worked out (kind of) but I would have like to have seen the judge get all over this guy. Hope it works out for Cory. He's put too much work into his place to get s c r e w e d over like this.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Civil is not the same as criminal court. Doesn't work the same way. You don't have to have proof of anything to file. You just have to be able to prove it to the judge once the case is seen. Which of course this jerk couldn't because it was untrue.

Janet, I'd ask for a copy of the court papers at least and keep them in your safe. So that should anything crop up later you already have court papers stating that Landlord admitted he was mistaken and it was NOT Cory but a different tennant.

Hmmmm. You could turn him in for building code violations. Sure he's got a ton and a half on the dumps he's renting. Maybe tip off the health dept. Maybe you can keep Mr. Jerk tied up in fines for a good long while.

*yes, I know, I'm vicious*

Hugs

Last edited by a moderator:

DammitJanet

Thats what Im thinking Lisa. Good thinking Mstang. And I wonder who has a safe....hmmm.....*eyes rolling at the sky*? I also have a printer/copier/scanner so I can do that too.

Jena

i'm so sorry what jerks in plain english. yea id' be feeling that too about wanting some type of something written up against those insane statements against him.

sheesh there is never a dull moment, huh.??

Stella Johnson

Janet,
You could turn the landlord into code enforcement. Can you look at the trailers and see major damage?

The only thing is, if code enforcement does find the trailers uninhabitable the tennants currently living there will have to leave when the county condemns them.

Does Corey want to move now?

I would be disgusted with him as well. I would find a way to make his life very hard to live.

Steph