Keep me from killing the cable company!

DammitJanet

I am so absolutely over the top furious with my cable company right now. I wont name the name but lets just say they keep TIME and must have loved pop WARNER baseball...lol.

I pay out the wazoo for my services. I have 4 TV's in my house. 3 are now HD. I also have the internet now which is wireless and is why we went to cable. I always had dial up until cable came out here. Until then we used Dish.

When we originally got cable, I thought I was getting HD receivers and dvr's for 2 rooms - my room and the living room. After all, I am paying the bill! I just got basic standard cable for the 4th guest room which was where Cory and Mandy where staying and which is where any guests or Keyana will be. Just a basic line that costs nothing to run in.

Well, I didnt get my HD receivers which really ticked me off but I lived with it. Recently I have seen a ton of ads for whole house DVR and I called to ask why that wasnt what I was given since it was what I thought I was getting when I called. It wasnt that long ago. So they said..oh we can change you...no problem, it will be the same price. You can get one box in your living room that will record 500 hours of recordings and two boxes in your other rooms that will just be playback boxes. I said that sounds great! They offered the other boxes to also be recordables but that would cost more each month. I declined that.

Well guess what. They scheduled to come out today...between 1 and 5..of course. I had a dr appointment at 5 so I had to leave at 4:30 and they didnt show up till 5...again of course. So Billy is here and I know he isnt smart enough to get this straight..or he didnt want to get it straight. It was supposed to be...one recorder in the living room and two playbacks...and I had told everyone this...because I didnt want it to cost more. I told Billy this. I told the CABLE company this. I come home to...apparently either 3 recorders or the recorder is in Billy's room or something is totally wrong. I cant figure out if I am recording or not. I dont think the living room is recording anything. I think my room is trying to record but I dont think it is able to playback. I apparently recorded wheel of fortune to Billy's tv but it isnt on mine...sigh.

I went online to attempt to pay my bill and they have added a charge to it that I cant figure out and I cant see it because my bill wont load! And when it says "would you like to chat with a customer service agent?" and I click yes? It errors out!

I want to take the boxes out and run over them!!!!

Anyone for some Pop Warner Baseball?????

H

HaoZi

Call them or go to the office and tell them you expect them to correct the installation at their expense.

H

HaoZi

Make Billy fix it. I don't know. I cut the cable cord and the only time I regret that is Shark Week. Almost everything else I want to see I can catch on network sites or Hulu, except for Walking Dead and Dexter. I'll have to wait until they hit Netflix.

InsaneCdn

We've got Steely's problems with satelite stuff,
and now Janet's problems with cable.

Can somebody please explain to me why I would want to bother to get involved in this stuff?
(we don't have it now)

'Cause even though I have low blood pressure, I have more than enough stress in my life to last for several lifetimes as it is.
Just wondering.

DammitJanet

I have 4 addictions...diet coke, cigarettes, TV and the internet and God help anyone who gets in my way of any of them...lol.

donna723

Janet, change that diet coke to Dr. Pepper and we have the exact same addictions! I don't do well without any of them but I've found out that I can do better without TV than I do without my internet. When my modem died and it took them five days to "overnight" me a new one, I was without internet all that time and it darned near killed me! I was cut off from the world! I finally got the new modem and got my internet up and running, and the very next day my old window AC unit fell out of the kitchen window and bounced off the satellite TV dish, knocking it all out of line. I called and they told me it would be five days before they could have someone out to replace it because of all the storms there had been! So then I was without TV for five days! But I could get busy on the computer and put music on for background noise. I missed the TV but not desperately.

I've come to the conclusion that pretty much all TV and internet providers bite the big one! My son had terrible problems with Dish network where he lives too. They were supposed to install receivers in their living room and all three bedrooms - part of the promotion they had advertised. They only put them in the living room and one bedroom! They tap danced all around it but never would come out and do the other two bedrooms. And where they live is like it is here - too far away from any big cities and you can't get diddly squat on the TV without a satellite or cable, which means they should have been able to get the network stations through the satellite like I do. They kept telling them they "weren't eligible" in that area which wasn't right. There's lots of legalities there but basically, if you can't get any local network channels without the satellite, you are supposed to be able to get them through the satellite - if that makes any sense. But Dish Network refused to hook it up, so the whole time he lived there they had no network programming at all, no local news or weather reports, etc. They're making money hand over fist so what do they care!

DammitJanet

I know what you mean about the networks. We have the same issue here. I live not that far from what should seem like normal sized cities so one would assume I could get over the air signals...NOT! Well, maybe if I could decipher snowy images and hear it through the fuzzy buzz I could accept that channel 13 was CBS. I went rounds with DirectTV years ago when I first bought my mobile home because I got 3 free years of satellite with the trailer. They swore they couldnt give me network service because I could get it over the air. I begged to differ. I went rounds with them. Finally I got them to just give me national network stations out of the major markets. Heck I really didnt give a rats behind if I knew what was going on here. So I ended up having my big 4 out of either Atlanta, NY or CA.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I've been dealing with these guys since AT&T started letting every Tom, Dick, and Harry add bogus charges to their bills from the internet. I got sick of having to police my own AT&T bill for things I not only never ordered offline but never even HEARD OF, which could amount to several hundred dollars easy each month. Their service was awesome, their billing omg a nitemare. Now I didn't have much trouble with it as I did police it every month and I did contact them whenever one or several of these bogus charges popped up on the bill and they did what they said they'd do and always remove it. But then when I started nursing school........husband took over and I explained this to him in detail, repeatedly. Only husband did NOT pay attention until our bill was well over 1000.00! So enraged, I call......they can remove half the bogus charges. I said no, all the bogus charges, I never ordered the crud and I wasn't paying for something I neither ordered nor never received. So there was a clash of wills........I dropped AT&T.

Went to the idiots you now have. I haven't had a phone that works consistently since, nor internet that works consistently either. They've changed the d@mn box I couldn't tell you how many times.......it works better for about a week and phhht it's at it again. From anywhere from 2pm until 7pm you can count on hiccuping phone service and internet service. One second it's there, next second it's not. Only thing it doesn't happen with is the cable itself. Their answer is to always change the box.......every box we get can't be bad. ugh And I'm not going back to AT&T who lets bogus internet companies fraudulently charge you for things you neither order nor receive and have the guts to tell you it's YOUR responsibility to make sure you're not being charged for the crud!

Soon as I can find someone else I'm cutting the cord with TW and they can take their cruddy service and shove it. I've always hated them.......which was why I'd used AT&T forever and the satellite.

I feel for ya. Make em get their fannies back out there and put it right at NO charge to YOU.

Hugs

Steely

Janet I am with you girl....I want my freaking TV and Internet and I do not want anyone SCAMMING me!!! Funny thing is that my new service co is exactly who you are talking......god help me/us.....

DammitJanet

God help us all...lol. I have heard though that this new streaming stuff is going to make them have to cave soon. Maybe we will live to see the day that we will only have to use them for internet...or maybe the states will get their acts together and put in global wifi or whatever it was they were gonna do so we dont have to be under these folks thumbs.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I have AT&T - as soon as my contract was up with TWC I dropped them like a hot potato. I'd had great service before - and then agreed to a 2-year contract - and the billing problems began.

I couldn't get in to my bill online. I didn't get my PAPER bill till the day after it was due. Long distance charges appeared (Learning Disability (LD) was supposed to be BLOCKED). On and on and on.

With AT&T U-Verse? O missed the stuff like MTV, but (ugh) most of the stuff I care about is there (I got basic with internet & house phone). Service is great. Not a single weird thing on my bill. I accidentally unplugged the DVR, they came out when they were supposed to on Memorial Day - no charge.

I do have all PPV, etc. set up so it has to be approved with my password. husband has it, but he couldn't care less...

DammitJanet

well Im not on any contract so maybe that is why they dont much like me...lol. I dont like locking myself down and only have done that with the cells and will be stopping that when those end most likely.

I bought my boxes when I was with dish so I wasnt on a contract either. I cant get ATT out here because we dont have a dsl hook up transmitter box or whatever it is close enough out to us. They thought there was one and actually set up the account, sent out all the paperwork, we sent in the deposit, even bought the stupid router...and then they came out and told us we were too far away! Now...wanna guess how long it took to get our money back from them????? MONTHS!

M

Mamaof5

I've been dealing with these guys since AT&T started letting every Tom, Dick, and Harry add bogus charges to their bills from the internet. I got sick of having to police my own AT&T bill for things I not only never ordered offline but never even HEARD OF, which could amount to several hundred dollars easy each month. Their service was awesome, their billing omg a nitemare. Now I didn't have much trouble with it as I did police it every month and I did contact them whenever one or several of these bogus charges popped up on the bill and they did what they said they'd do and always remove it. But then when I started nursing school........husband took over and I explained this to him in detail, repeatedly. Only husband did NOT pay attention until our bill was well over 1000.00! So enraged, I call......they can remove half the bogus charges. I said no, all the bogus charges, I never ordered the crud and I wasn't paying for something I neither ordered nor never received. So there was a clash of wills........I dropped AT&T.

Went to the idiots you now have. I haven't had a phone that works consistently since, nor internet that works consistently either. They've changed the d@mn box I couldn't tell you how many times.......it works better for about a week and phhht it's at it again. From anywhere from 2pm until 7pm you can count on hiccuping phone service and internet service. One second it's there, next second it's not. Only thing it doesn't happen with is the cable itself. Their answer is to always change the box.......every box we get can't be bad. ugh And I'm not going back to AT&T who lets bogus internet companies fraudulently charge you for things you neither order nor receive and have the guts to tell you it's YOUR responsibility to make sure you're not being charged for the crud!

Soon as I can find someone else I'm cutting the cord with TW and they can take their cruddy service and shove it. I've always hated them.......which was why I'd used AT&T forever and the satellite.

I feel for ya. Make em get their fannies back out there and put it right at NO charge to YOU.

Hugs

Tell them to do a hard line check, insist on it. I had the same issues, 10 techs later and 5 months later of me saying hard line check please and they finally did it and it was the hard lines. It was a big gash in the line right next to the box, they had to re-run the lines in several places.

Oh, yeah HI THERE ...I'm baaaaackkkk. lol

Jody

Welcome back Mamaof5! I don't have cable, I read a lot and we have netflix for when I want to watch tv. No land line phone either. I use my cellular. I hope these big companies continue to lose customers. It's the only thing that is going to bring the prices down.