Keeping difficult child safe:taking cell phone and cash

C.J.

What did we do with difficult child's before cell phones existed? We called their friends' houses, we called the police to report them missing, etc. Turn the phone off if she is not living up to her end of the bargain. Will it make it harder to find her? No - she can turn the cell phone off, or she can ignore your calls now as it is anyway. If she is with a predator, the first thing that creep will do is dump the phone.

I hate social networking sites. HATE THEM. Remove her as a user on your home computer. If she were to get back into your good graces after some intensive mental health and drug abuse help, she could have monitored internet access in your home, or none at all. Her choice.

I'm so very sorry you're dealing with an out of control teen - bent on not only on self destruction, but the destruction of her family support system, too.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I'm so sorry. It has been my experience that when a difficult child is bent on self destruction there is little that can be done to keep the dam from breaking. It's agony for a mother to witness such a series of events.

Would you consider reporting the adults who are consorting with your underage daughter?

I'm sending supportive hugs your way.

Sheila

I'm so sorry. I know you are worried sick.

I let my difficult child set up a myspace against my better judgement, but then thought "give him a chance." My instincts were right -- he way to immature. So I had it deleted.

So far, at this age, we don't have to worry about raging or running.....

Fingers crossed things settle soonest.