Keeping up.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
The past few weeks, as Wee has struggled so much at school, I find myself "missing" other things that I normally would remember to be sure to be a part of.
ExFIL was going to put a notice in the paper of difficult child 1's military award. I realized this morning that I had not seen it and have thrown all the papers away, so I couldn't even go back and look. I thought surely I had not missed it. Even if I had, likely someone would have mentioned it...but I felt pretty much awful having really forgotten to even look and, at that point, not knowing. Then I found out that another friend's mother was put in the hospital for a night, retaining fluid from CHF.
I realize stress is, and is going to remain, a big factor in the world of difficult child's. And, as I mentioned in another post, I'm dang sure ADHD, and probably a bit Aspie, too (I am weird). It takes a bit of work, but I can weather the 4 or 5 random daily phone calls and emails from school and manage to redirect myself back on track at work and have (thus far) kept up with work.
How do you keep track of the little things? I feel awful that my friend's mother was in the hospital and I didn't even know it. I feel awful that difficult child 1's accomplishment, likely, could have been missed (it wasn't, but it could have). Any tips?

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Outlook. I keep everything in Outlook. Appointments, emails, tasks, reminders. EVERYTHING. Links to websites... And I sync my phone with it... Since I have Outlook at home and at work I send stuff back and forth.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Even something so mundane as to look for your kid's picture in the paper?

Or "ask your friends how their mother is?" lol

klmno

Shari, I've had this problem, too. It happens whenever I get overwhelmed with too much other stuff. I keep lists as a general rule but when things get that overwhelming, I might not even have time to look at tthe list- or remember where I put it. LOL!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Oh, yes. If I need to do something... It goes in Outlook and/or my phone. For instance... I must update my time sheet online every day. At 3:30 it pops up a reminder. I do this every day - but I don't remember if not reminded...

Last night I amazed myself, when husband got home I reminded him to go retrieve Jett's tooth and replace it with money. See - the tooth fairy is MALE!