Kenzie scared the living daylights out of me today.

DammitJanet

I am still not sure what happened either.

I am having a very difficult time with sleep and have been for most of the summer. I have somehow got my days and nights mixed up but it is even worse than that. I can fall asleep for about an hour to an hour and a half at night but then I wake up around 12:30 am and I am up till around 7 am when I manage to fall back asleep but I wake up every couple of hours throughout the day. I am not getting any good sleep so I am extremely tired and moody. At first I thought it was because I was so sick during the beginning of the summer and just in bed so much I was sleeping at odd times but that once I got better things would fall back on track. It hasnt. Look, Im up at quarter to 5 and I havent been to bed yet. Same thing has happened most of last week.

Well last night (Friday night) it happened too and when Tony got up from his room I went in there because his room is darker and I cant hear as much in there. Well evidently Cory came over around 8:30 and brought the baby with him. He had a really bad night the on Friday night because Mandy never came home and he had the baby the whole time and he was up sick the whole time. He brought the baby over so Tony would watch her. No problem, Tony wasnt doing anything else anyway. Cory slept in my bed. Except...eventually Tony needed to go out to the store and the baby was asleep and Tony laid her in on my bed with Cory and stuck her bottle in with her and no one thought a thing about it. My bed and room isnt childproof. No one thought about the fact that my weekly pill box was on my bed.

I went into my room right before Cory was getting ready to leave and I found the pill box open and one days pills dumped all over my bed. I couldnt find half of them and I found several of them chewed on and spit out. Still others I simply havent been able to find at all. But then again in my room its entirely likely they could be anywhere. The ones that are missing are two lamictal tablets, a morphine pill and possibly a topamax pill. Tony thinks the dogs did it but I have never seen them even try to get into it before and it has sat on my bed every day. We tried to get Kenzie to open it for us but she wouldnt do it for us on command. It appears she cant get it open from what we can tell. We did find a dog claw torn off in my bed so maybe the dogs did scratch it open.

She didnt act sick so we didnt take her to the hospital. I would have expected her to throw up the morphine or pass out. I dont let her in on my bed. I dont let any kids in my room because of my medications. The only one who comes in here is Keyana because she has been trained from infancy what it is I take and you dont touch my stuff. I cant trust the other two because their parents call pills candy and have given them pill bottles as toys.

I think we dodged a bullet but this scared me. I am going to have to find another way to handle this stuff now. She is walking and life as I knew it will have to change. Drats.

buddy

Oh my that's really scary! Yeah, gonna have to find a different place for medications if she is coming over because in that situation even a lock on your bedroom wouldn't have helped. Did the dogs seem ok? They could have brought the pills anywhere so you may want to vacuum so she doesn't find one in the living room or wherever.
Sorry your sleep is still such a mess. Sure wish that could be helped.

TerryJ2

Whew! Yep, you need a new spot for the pills. Is there a nightstand with-a drawer next to your bed?
A dog claw on the bed is a decent clue, :)
I can't tell you how many times our dogs have eaten difficult child's Adderall or Imiprimine. It never seemed to affect them. I've often joked with-the therapist and psychiatrist about that and said the dogs were in a really good mood, and they've never expressed concern. Of course, they're not vets, either.

I'm so glad that everyone is okay. Maybe you'll get some sleep tonight!

DammitJanet

I have tried almost all the common sleep drugs and am going to ask for halcion tomorrow. I simply cannot go on like this. I wont go back on seroquel.

DammitJanet

I dont know what I am gonna do about a place to keep them because my routine is to keep them beside my bed to take them as I get into bed. I cant keep them in a cabinet in the kitchen because of roaming hands from Buck. I dont trust him. Im not buying another safe because that would just make me forget to take them at night. I think they have a child resistant weekly box so I will look into that. You have to push and pull on two things to open it. Hopefully I can manage to open it...lol.

Jody

I would have been terrified too. Glad she is okay!!!! I take seroquel, and cannot sleep without it. I went almost a month without it and I couldnt take it anymore. Why don't you want to take the seroquel?

DammitJanet

It caused my cholesterol to skyrocket. I went from a slightly high 205 to almost 400 in less than a year. I was also only taking between 25mg and 50 mgs.