Keyana's Birthday Party

DammitJanet

Well it didnt go off quite as well as planned but she had fun.

I ended up sick as a dog...doesnt it figure? I didnt sleep a wink all last night because I must have bronchitis or something like that. Everytime I attempted to lay down I hacked up a lung and peed myself..lol. Sigh...the problems with getting old!

I finally gave up on even attempting to go to bed and stayed up on the computer until 5 and then I went to Walmart to get the rest of the food stuff for the party. Then I came home and dosed myself up pretty good with nyquil and vicodin and told everyone to leave me be.

I got back up around noonish and watched her play a bit in her little pool stuff Cory got her. Sad to say, Cory invited a bunch of people and really no one showed up. No one with kids. Im glad she is little and doesnt know any better. A couple of people from right here around the house came over for the cookout and ate with us.

She had her birthday cake, a hamburger, ice cream and her presents from us.

I ended up getting her the Doll House, a Snap n Style doll and a TJ Bearytales. Oh and this book that is a sesame street book that has like a cd player on it with these little discs that you play in it. she adores the TJ Bearytales. When he started talking and his ears and mouth moved...her eyes just got so big and she started laughing and clapping...lmao.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet

Sounds like she had a wonderful birthday. I wouldn't worry about other kids at this age. Aubrey wouldn't have had any at her party if it weren't for Darrin and easy child bringing along sister in law's 5 yr old sister.

That Bearytales sounds awfully cute.

I meant to wish Keyana a happy birthday on the 6th, but forgot. Give her a big birthday kiss from me, please.

Gosh, seems like yesterday we were announcing our girls arrivals into the world. Time sure does fly.

Hugs

DammitJanet

Lisa...if you have the extra 20 bucks...go to Toysrus now and pick up a TJ Bearytales. I couldnt find the books and the cartridges there but you may be able to. I think he is being discontinued. He used to be priced at like 40 bucks or more but he is now down to 20. You can get the books off ebay for really reasonable prices and we can always check freecycle and craigslist...lol. TJ would be a great toy to keep at your house for both Darrin and Aubrey because he reads the books to them and sings songs and plays games.

witzend

Janet, it sounds like she had a good time. husband has been coughing like crazy too. We are both exhausted from him being up all night. He went to the doctor's office yesterday and fell asleep in the exam room waiting for her. She said it was post nasal drip. Well, that helped...

Hope you get some sleep tonight!

F

flutterbee

Sounds like she had a good time. I love that age.

I hope you feel better soon.

Andy

O.K. How do we get a doctor to look past "nasal drip"? That was my diagnosis also - Just can't get them to understand that when this happens, I can't breath, my body tries to vomit but can not, and my difficult child gets scared. ("Mommy? Are you o.k.?" "I will be") I have taken Claritan which seems to help but every once in awhile this awful "cough" (aka: gagging) gets going and fortunately it hasn't happened in public yet (someone would probably call 911).

Anyway, sorry you didn't feel up to par for this special birthday. You did good in the gift department. Sounds like she had a very fun day! :)

klmno

What a great day for her!! She'll probably never realize that there were people who were invited that didn't show up. She had the most important people there and had her party and loved her gifts and had a great time- that is what counts.

KUDOS for your efforts!! But- sorry you are sick- Get Well Soon...

Star*

call 911........call 911
Janet,

I'm glad she had a good time - I'm sorry you don't feel well. I get the feeling old thing.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRETTY BABY KEYANNA!!!!!!!!!

slsh

member since 1999
Wow, Janet. I simply cannot believe she's 2 already!!! Sounds like she had the perfect day - the most important people in her world were there. I love that age - it's a shame they grow so fast! ;)

Hope you're feeling better, hon.