Kiddo learned an important new lesson today!

nerfherder

We usually keep cans of cheap beer in the pantry area, for BBQ'd chicken.

(No, we don't drink it, the chickens get a beercan enema while they're in the BBQ.)

Blacksmith came home from picking RN up from work, and I hear from the entryway "Who drank a beer?" He was using That Tone Of Voice, since we both know Who Did It.

Outside the cottage doorway there's a fresh puddle on the ground. We're both wondering, "Did she pee there? (her lack of shame awareness is an occasional problem on the farm) Did she throw up? Did she pour it out?"

She was in bed already, and we're both asking "OK, where's the beer?"

"It was YUCKY! I spilled it out."

We made her get the empty can out of the trashcan where she'd hid it, and double checked "Was it yummy or yucky?"

She pointed to the drying puddle in the dust. "Yucky! I spilled it there."

Well, you know, room temperature Bud Light, can't argue with that.

Of course we did the reinforcement of "You STOLE, was that good or bad?" And she knows the right words to answer, but 'course that won't change her view of things.

At least we grownups had a good laugh. :)

JKF

Ugggh! Warm Bud Light. Gagging just thinking about that! If that's not a lesson in itself than I don't know what is!

And by the way - I LOVE beer can chicken! My stomach is growling now!

helpangel

The way my luck has been going I wouldn't have noticed the beer gone until I had a half dozen chickens ready to go on the grill... anyway thanks for the laugh and the reminder to lock the alcohol up
:bbq:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Life lessons are some of the best ones. At least she didn't think it tasted good. lol

Beer? ick double ick gag me Not even on food. ick Fred used to marinade steaks in beer (the good kind).....I was never impressed. I did them once using butter.......real butter..........and for some odd reason we never had marinated beer steaks again. LOL (Fred loved beer)

JKF

Life lessons are some of the best ones. At least she didn't think it tasted good. lol

Beer? ick double ick gag me Not even on food. ick Fred used to marinade steaks in beer (the good kind).....I was never impressed. I did them once using butter.......real butter..........and for some odd reason we never had marinated beer steaks again. LOL (Fred loved beer)

I use beer all of the time when I cook certain things. Beef stew, chili, baby back ribs, chicken, etc. It makes the meat so tender. Of course I add other seasonings too like garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, etc. Yum! Ok - making myself hungry here! lol I'm not a big beer drinking fan (although I will have one here and there on a hot summer day) but boy do I love to cook with it! lol