Kidney Stone!

susiestar

Roll With It
Just got back from the ER. I am in horrible pain from something that is only 3 mm in size. It just hit this evening out of the blue!

I have never had this type of problem. I hope it passes soon as the pain is just astounding. I don't yell or scream in pain very often. I did with this. I still may as it passes. asses. At least the doctor gave me a prescription for pain medications for a day or two until it passes.

If any of you have ever gone through this misery, I truly, deeply sorry.

pasajes4

I am a stone maker. I take medication to prevent them from forming. I lost my right kidney due to a staghorn calci that became infected and the kidney began to die.

I will agrer that the pain is horrendous. I was never able to pass thrm they had to be blasted into smaller fragments and then passed. I would rather deliver a baby out of my left nostril then feal with a kidney stone.

susiestar

Roll With It
I was finally able to pass this one late this afternoon. I am exhausted. My dad is driving me to my appointment tomorrow afternoon. Hubby and I were worried that I will be too sore and tired too drive there and back. It is about 1 1/2 hours away.

I would rather go through childbirth again also. My dad sent his sympathies. He had one years ago. He actually bent the 1 inch steel bars on the gurney because it hurt so bad even with medications.

runawaybunny

Administrator
Staff member
Just got back from the ER. I am in horrible pain from something that is only 3 mm in size. It just hit this evening out of the blue!

I have never had this type of problem. I hope it passes soon as the pain is just astounding. I don't yell or scream in pain very often. I did with this. I still may as it passes. asses. At least the doctor gave me a prescription for pain medications for a day or two until it passes.

If any of you have ever gone through this misery, I truly, deeply sorry.
I know friends that have gone through this and I myself passed a teeny tiny one. One of the worst physical pains I have ever felt.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I had one about half that size, 2.5 years ago.

It was the worst pain I have EVER been in. I honestly thought I was going to die. I was terrified. (And I agree with pasajes.)

I hope you never have another one, dear.

Lila256

I've been there a few times! Absolutely no position is comfortable. I do not envy you that one! I'm glad it passed. :) Let's hope it doesn't come back.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
I have never had one but know the hell they put people through. My girlfriend was just in the hospital with a nephritis caused by kidney stones. Awful.

And year may they never return!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Only use potassium under a doctor's orders, and only use the amount prescribed. Too much potassium can have unpleasant to disastrous effects on heart rate and rhythm, up to and including death.

Also, people with certain kidney disorders must limit potassium in their diets.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I had one back in the 80s in Germany. Tiny thing.Being Germany, they slapped my happy ass in the hospital, doped me nearly to unconsciousness, and had me pee through a strainer in order to capture said stone so they could find out what it was made of: Calcium oxalate. Never had another one, and I hope never to have another.

I was just miserable and was sucking down whatever pain stuff they were putting in my IV without any questions. Interestingly, it came from my right kidney, and every single kidney infection I've ever had has been in that kidney. Something weird going on in there.

I'm glad it passed, Susie, and I hope you get to feeling better as soon as possible.