Kitten Anyone?

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I have a dog that purrs and a cat that used to bark. So... Yeah.

I wish we had that van around here. In a month or so we'll have kittens everywhere. I've had to tell husband do NOT feed them... Sigh.

Tiapet

Old Hand
In Roanoke area of VA and here in TN they do feral cat community sterilization/spaying too. In some cases it was free. Sometimes they released back to the community and in other cases they took to area barns out in the country.

I have 2 adopted rescue cats besides our 2 rescued dogs. I can't take in any more. If oldest difficult child had her way, as she puts it "she'd adopt all the puppies and kitties in the world" and "she's going to end up being the cat or dog lady" in the neighborhood when she eventually moves into her own life world. I told her she better have a darn good job and a house with a lot of property if that is what she intends on doing!

Here for your enjoyment I present my difficult child (not really her but she said this WOULD be her! lol)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Hound -

In the den - we have a couch just for the dogs. And two HUGE pillows with fleece and blankets on the floor with fans pointed at them for the kids. The QUEEN - got her bay window built about 8 years ago - and a triple window installed with a huge ledge - and for Christmas at the goodwill? I found a Mooii softside cat house (retails for around $40) and got that for her - was going to be for yard sale - but she loves it - so she has that - BUT she constantly will lay in the middle of the largest dog cushion and fall asleep. DF will NOT move her off the cushion and if Casper or Pootie or Bull want to lay on that bed? They will sit next to it and cry and paw in the air for her to move. She'll just give a wink like "OH you want to lay here? How inconvenient" and since they can't get up on the ledge or in HER house ? I think it's very unfair....It peeves me to no end so I'll usually pick her up and PUT her in her house. DF says I'm being mean.....she has as much right to lay there as anyone. I say NOT.

WHEN Ouixa came to stay here - she was a little out of sorts. She didn't know where to be, who to love - she missed my son....and she was very lonely for him. She pouted around and I would lay her blanket down and she'd pull a corner of it up in her mouth, roll over and cover herself up - and go to sleep. I think it was depression She's better now, and will mostly come lay on me. (that's you gigantic 60 lb porkchop) but she's so adorable, and Grammys baby. BUT when SHE wants that cushion? I the cat is laying on it - she used to do like the others - go over - "talk" to the cat and growl a little and bark a little and the cat would look at her with an indignat look - and she'd walk away. Cat wins - cat snickers - and Ouixa gets a look on her face like "OH YEAH FELINE?" Ouixa walks back over to the cushion and DF said she backed her butt up over the cat and sat right on her head until the cat couldn't breath....and the cat was literally flailing for air..and DF had to get Ouixa and pick her butt up so the cat could move. He said it was the funniest damn thing he'd ever seen a dog do. He LOVES the cat - don't get me wrong - but Ouixa is his Granddog. So there she is - every time the cats in the middle of the pillow and she starts backing up and the cat now? Shoots off that pillow like she's got a roman candle tied to her tail. Then Ouixa looks over at us like "THAT's how you do that." and just smiles. Then plops down and goes to sleep. She's literally a hot mess.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:rofl: :rofl:

Too funny about the cushions!! Betsy would do that..............no, Betsy has done that, just collapsed on a cat that refused to move out of a sleeping spot she wanted. LOL All 90 lbs of her. whoooosh! LOL

You know what I saw the other day that I did the hand smack to the forehead thing about?? Someone said that they had the perfect dog bed (think BIG dogs here like ours). A crib mattress. I was like OMG totally can't believe I did NOT think of that! (you've no idea how many crib mattresses have been through my homes since the arrival of the first grandchild Kayla) And they're right, it's perfect, especially for Molly.

Been wanting in the worst way to get her a bed. (she loves them) But they're not cheap and she gets this odor to her skin when her psoriasis is flaring that is phew! and while you can wash the outer cover of the things you cant' do squat with the foam itself................So I'd wash the cover, put it back on, have Molly all cleaned up and medicated and smelling wonderful..........and the next day because the foam absorbed that odor, poof it was back. With a crib mattress I can pick up crib sheets at a yard sale for a dime, toss them into the wash and then use cleaner to wash down the mattress itself without hurting it a bit because of the plastic coating. :)

Guess what I'm watching out for at yard sales tomorrow?? lol

Star*

call 911........call 911
I've brought them home - BECAUSE BW throws them away - and they didn't go so well - 1......beause they are plastic - and hard - not soft and don't give - (crib death doesn't lend itself to squishy moldable dog bedding) 2.) because they are covered in plastic - they sweat......and when casper tried to lay OUT on them? He'd slide and couldn't get comfy and didn't like it at all -

Now what DID work - was a couch cushion that was ALL ONE CUSHION - and foam - or a piece of memory foam that someone had tossed - that I could throw over the fence and wash - hose off - and then cover with a piece of material or a duvet cover - or sew a (know this is going to sound weird ) adult sized pee pad sewn together - like they put in the hospitals to keep from soiling the bed. They have plastic on one side and like terry cloth on the other? THOSE sewn together work excellent - because the plastic side IN towards the foam keeps the sand and dirt OUT - and the terry cloth - is warm - and you can make the duvet - for the foam mattress. Casper likes those. Well they all do - but He's like Mastiff Size - so when he lays out - he takes up a LOT of space. I have gotten those and sewn them together for the couch since he had seizures....when he seizes he looses functions (poor baby) and those have helped a lot. ALSO they keep the sand from going down into the foam.

NONE of them liked the baby mattress. I ended up taking them back - (they throw them away because there are recalls on SOME cribs - so they throw ALL cribs away) DUH - give me one - nope - it goes in teh compactor. IDIOTS. NOT ALL cribs are recalled........(hand to the forehead)

AND you can go to any thrift store - and get sheets - and sew them - and make a duvet and buttons.... for any foam cushions -and use couch cushions -

THE BEST dog beds - are MAMASAN or PAPASAN cushions - just sew a duvet - the one in the bedroom now is a MAMASAN round cushion - and they LOVE that one.

InsaneCdn

Star... I just showed your latest post to Mr. Dog here, and he says "pfffttt".
Dog bed? Who on earth would want a BED? or a mattress, or a cushion, or... any such thing?
Those things are so doggone hot, he doesn't understand how ANYONE can sleep on one.
He says "give me a cold tile floor by a drafty back door, any day".

Of course, he's a purely Canadian Dog... built for -40. And thinks it's "too hot" at +15 (about +60 for you).

And Mrs. Dog doesn't want one either, although she doesn't mind a pillow for her head, thanks. Its true. Give her a nice soft blanket to lay on, and she balls it up at one end of her kennel... and sleeps with her head on it.

DammitJanet

My little dog loves anything soft. Prefers beds and couches. I dont think I could convince him that he had his own...lol. During the day, he has a little wooden table he sits on top of and watches out the window for someone to come home. That window is so dirty with dog nose. He presses his nose right against the window.

And Star...I so wish you could get D'Nose O. We had been calling him Probie.