Klmno

everywoman

I just want to say that I am amazed at the transformation in you in the last few months. You have grown so much and your self-confidence and new found positive attitude are really showing in your recent posts. Your growth has been phenomenal.

klmno

Well thank you so much! I am working on it- certainly not where I want to end up or where I wish difficult child was/is- but I am trying to bring my life full circle and remember that difficult child has to choose his own life for himself. I updated my resume today and submitted it to many places.

I should also acknowledge that the therapist I had many years ago is still the one to give credit to. They are few and far between but a good (really good) therapist can make all the difference in the world!~

Thanks again!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm very happy for you too. I must say ------I am waiting for the WWE smackdown footage of when you take down that weasle of a boss. I'll be like - HIT HIM WITH A CHAIR - HIT HIM WITH A CHAIR - and then? I'll hand you a lazy boy. (probably another guy that works in the office with you)

klmno

LOL Star- so how are each of you doing? Everywoman and Star??

I'm a lot more worried about losing it on a PO than I am my boss, by the way.

TerryJ2

LOL!
Chair, indeed.
I'm adding my congrats and support, too, KLMNO. Best of luck with-the PO. And your boss. Sigh.

DammitJanet

K...I do have to admit that I have also noticed how incredibly together you have sounded in your posts lately. I dont know...it just seems like you have grown so much as a person. Maybe a happier and more at peace person. Makes me think of that old Helen Reddy Song I am Woman Hear Me Roar!

klmno

LOL! Well, I had been sitting here for months knowing this job can't last, at least on the terms it has been. That's for a variety of reasons- term contract, difficult child going to be released at some point and I'm traveling all the time, boss is nuts, etc. So it was very stressful to not know if I was going to end up in a homeless shelter like I almost did last fall after all, or if this clearance was going to come thru. The clearance came thru- and that has opened up over 100 job openings I am qualified for. Now I just need to decide which areas I'd be willing to relocate to. These are permanent jobs, better benefits, etc. My bank account has more money in it than I've had in 2 years. So I guess there is a better feeling that I will be able to recoup. I'll never had all I lost again, but that's ok I guess.

As far as difficult child, I posterd a thread called "sooo..." in General a few days ago but it's lost behind all the more recent threads now. All I can say is that right now, even though he's royally messing up in Department of Juvenile Justice, we are on speaking terms and he knows he probably won't come straight from Department of Juvenile Justice to living with me. He knows I love him, I know that and I believe he loves me. But our relationship has to transition into one where we have separate lives, each making our own decisions, and each suffering the consequences or reaping the rewards, as applicable. In the end, that might be the best thing for our relationship as well as for him. It hurts though- I will always feel like a failure of a mother and probably not ever figure out exactly where I went wrong. And I really grieve the life I know he could have had. But on the other hand, I can't undo anything and don't want to enable him. I want this to be his worst year and "get" that his choices are his own so maybe he can turn something arounjd before he loses all opportunities that youth brings.

Thank you again for thinking of me!!

TerryJ2

Wow. You've got some heavy decisions on your shoulders but you are being very clear-headed. Stay strong. Hugs.

klmno

Ahhh...thanks, Shari! I had a little free time today so I used it to look for more job openings- boss wasn't there. I found a few more that I'll need to submit my resume for. I'm using the usa (dot) jobs.

I got a letter from difficult child today- he says he's being taken before the Department of Juvenile Justice facility's board (or something equal to the sd's hearing officer) but it didn't sound like he's going to get transferred. Who knows. I'm going to try to visit him this weekend. Friday, I'm taking off work to get minor car work done, go to dentist, and meet with PO. difficult child's counselor from Department of Juvenile Justice still hasn't called me back to tell me what's going on.