kris update

Nancy

kris was in the hospital for two weeks and just got out yesterday. The infection in her cath port went into her brain and she was in a coma for 5 days (how could this happen, did they not monitor her condition after they told her the infection was severe? She had to have stroke symptoms in her home and scare the begeebers out of her family before they realized the infection was not getting better?) Honestly she has not been getting good care from the hospital and when she finally came out of the coma she had to begin yelling to get any kind of care. I am feeling so angry over this whole thing, it never ever should have happneed. She went in for dialysis and one thing after another is going wrong for her.

She is taking steps to give her kids power of attorney so they can advocate for her medical needs. I told her she needs to have them or herself contact the hospital ombudsman or patient advocate the next time she has to go to the hopsital to make sure she gets the care she needs and deserves. It just points up what I have seen somany times, we need someone to advocate for us in the hospital when we are not able to do it ourselves.

Seems her yelling may have done some good, a very good pulmonologist has agreed to take her case and has said he is very interested in her and how she got so sick. He will hopefully be able to manage her pulmonary hypertension that she was just diagnosed with.

Please keep kris in your prayers. She needs a bit of good luck and some good medicine to pull her through this.

Nancy

slsh

member since 1999
Good heavens... I was thinking of her Monday, wondering how she's holding up.

I agree completely - patients need advocates. It's impossible to do effectively for yourself when you're sick.

My heart just aches for her. Please tell her I'm thinking of her and sending healing thoughts. Hope this pulmonary doctor will get her tuned up. Thanks for the update.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
That's just terrible, Nancy. Good grief!

Remind Kris that Big Brother started and there are all kinds of obnoxious people on it this season- if anything will get her motivated to get better, it's her beloved BB. :laughing:

Thanks for the update.

Suz

Star*

call 911........call 911
Good grief -

Nancy - thanks for posting this update about Kris. I think about her often.

And tell her from ME - that she is supposed to BE addicted to reality TV shows - not BE one. EESH!

Kathy813

Staff member
Nancy,

Thanks for the update. I have been worried since kris did not answer my PM.

I'm thinking good thoughts that kris can be stabilized and put this bad spell behind her.

~Kathy

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Thinking of Kris and hoping for a speedy recovery....sometimes all the doctors need to do is LISTEN!!!! Hope she found a doctor to hear her symptoms and plan a course of action to speed her healing.............

F

flutterbee

Please let Kris know that she is in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for the update.

Fran

Former desparate mom
It's amazing what kris has been through this year. Sending good thoughts her way that this is where she starts to get what she needs to start the long road back to good health.

Sheila

Very sorry to hear that Kris has had a setback. Hope she recovers quickly.

Please give her my best wishes and I'll keep her in my prayers.

N

Nomad

Thank you for the update. I too have been worried. I do believe her children will have to step up to the plate and learn how to be assertive. in my humble opinion, health care is (generally speaking) not what it use to be, and at least in my overburdened area, it is the squeaky wheel who gets the grease. Therefore, if you are very sick, you will definately need an advocate in a hospital setting. Prayers and good thoughts for Kris and family.

VickiL

Sending prayers...for everyone. How awful! Wishing for a quick recovery and don't even get me started on our healthcare system - I would be thrown off the board in a flash!!

susiestar

Roll With It
How horrible!! I hope she makes a speedy recovery and can manage to get her kids to advocate for her. She is in my prayers.

Susie