L has

witzend

signed a 12 month lease at a nice apartment complex near her old neighborhood from when she was a kid!:surprise:

Her boyfriend took her to Costco and Walmart yesterday to buy household stuff and a tv. She's keeping the dog, so she bought a vacuum cleaner, too. I think her dad is helping her get settled in, which is fine. Hopefully she is not longer "on his payroll" for doing nothing. What do the mob call that? A "no show job".

Fingers crossed that this is the real deal...

Kathy813

Staff member
Does she have a job to pay for the rent? I have been out of touch the last few days since it is a busy time at school.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that this is a new start for L.

~Kathy

witzend

She has been doing nanny work, so there is some money coming in. I'm not clear how much that pays, but I suspect daddy is "helping". I hope not, but I'm not going to ask.

susiestar

Roll With It
It sounds like a step in the right direction. Hopefully she will be able to be completely independent. If her dad is willing to pay some of her rent, I guess that is between them. It doesn't encourage independence though. Dad probably sees it as better than letting her live with him!

witzend

It sounds like a step in the right direction. Hopefully she will be able to be completely independent. If her dad is willing to pay some of her rent, I guess that is between them. It doesn't encourage independence though. Dad probably sees it as better than letting her live with him!

I almost feel the same way about it. I'm too aware of how much trouble it caused for her the last 10 years since she left his house, and all of the handouts for the 7 years before that. I won't give her a cent. But I'm really glad that she's left this man who clearly doesn't love or care about her. I hope that she'll learn to care about herself. Only then will someone want to or be able to love her.