L O S T - Season Finale

On_Call

I have to admit that I was flipping back and forth right about the time Jordin was crowned Idol Queen, but I figure I only missed about 5 minutes of Lost's season finale last night.

Glad I only missed 5 minutes. I thought the show was great!

The scenes of Jack all bottomed out were awesome. I kept thinking to myself - wait, we never saw that before - when did that happen in his past - only to come to the realization near the end that it was the future!! :surprise:

So, now apparently we know they do get off the island, but that just leads to so many more questions. Who died that affected Jack so strongly he wanted to jump off a bridge - only to have no one go to the funeral? And Kate - does she end up with Sawyer? Do they all get rescued? Are the rest of the shows going to follow their rescue and return to the real world?

Oh gosh, and the scenes with Charlie! OMG!! Amazing. And, Penelope popping up on screen - if the boat wasn't hers, whose is it - and how did Naomi know Desmond's name? Will Desmond get out of the Looking Glass to be rescued to?

Man, just more questions than answers AGAIN! It's only been less than 12 hours and I want new shows!!

busywend

I must have missed more than I thought! I was flipping back and forth to AI, too. Plus I got a phone call during the last hour. I will have to watch it tonight on my computer!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Well, I was bummed by Idol so watched the whole LOST episode and still have alot of questions....who was in the casket? Thought before realizing it was flash forward it was his Jack's dad, then when they revealed this could be the future...maybe it was Sawyer, since he was really going to see Kate...but who knows....

They will probably play this off as an "alternate" future depending on what choices are made...

Hurley driving the van was refreshing twist!!!

Okay who is Parachute girl with? At least they injected a little life back into the program....

kris

<span style='font-size: 11pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #663366"> this has got to be the most frustrating show on tv. i DVR'd because i knew i'd fall asleep.

took me awhile to figure out jack was in the future.

they better not have killed charlie off ~~~ after all we thought locke was a goner so anything is possible. i love charlie & claire.

i thought they promised us some answers...i've got more question now than ever.

it was a great episode.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

On_Call

Yeah, Hurley barreling through the jungle in that van was awesome! Gruesomely awesome, but awesome just the same!! Hugo found a way to help out - big time (no pun intended).

I'm with you kris - I'm going to hold out hope that Charlie finds himself miraculously washed ashore in the opening of next year's show - coughing up water with no recollection or explanation of how he got there.

Definitely more questions than answers - that's for sure.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I think it was Locke or Ben in the Casket... I also had NO clue it was the future?!?!? But I was talking to husband today and I said what if it was one of their little "Lost" tricks??? And it isn't really the future but an island future??? ANd why did Jack say his Dad was alive???
Is Naomi one of the Other other's they have made refferance to??? The bad guy's

Oh so many questions!!! I also like Charlie!!! And did Patchy finally die???

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Hate to break it to you guys but Charlie's dead. I read an interview with Dominic online today and he was ready to leave and do some other things. Their first question was to ask if Charlie was really dead and he said yes.

Suz

On_Call

Ahh, that's right - Jack's Dad is dead, isn't he, and yet last night in the 'future' scene, he told the Dr. to go get his father to see who was more drunk. Forgot about that. Didn't make the connection last night.

Sorry to get the confirmation that Charlie is really gone. Bummer. :frown:

Lothlorien

I never made the connection about the dr and his Dad. But he was talking about the Golden Pass that they got and wanting to crash. So did the Island bring his Dad back to life? Weird. I thought the person in the casket was a woman. I'm gonna have to go back and watch the episode again. Lots more questions now!!!

tinamarie1

So, did Julia die during the show? If not, I was thinking that had to be her in the casket..that would explain why Jack was trying to committ suicide and why no one would go to her funeral.....
I just love Hugo, well almost as much as I love Sawyer (hes a hunk). I think I like "freckles" better without makeup..she has a nice natural beauty...and Jack better without all that facial hair. Yes, I notice the little weird things.
I can't wait for next season!!!

On_Call

Suz,

Thanks for the link to the interview - it was a great interview, although you're right - it definitely seals Charlie's departure, doesn't it? :frown:

I think, for some reason, that it was a woman who died too. Maybe Juliet.

I have thought about this all day long. I think that maybe when they come back time has had to be brought back into alignment or something - and some of the events that brought them to that flight (like Jack's father's death) haven't occurred yet. Only the survivors of the flight - and whoever gave them the Golden flight tickets (government maybe?) know that the whole thing even happened? That would probably be enough to make me want to drink a bit.

Don't know. Again, way more questions than answers.

Lothlorien

I read somewhere that Jack is just screwed up and that it is still the future, but he mentioned his dad because he's screwed up. I wonder if it's Juliet or possibly the girl with sattelite radio and she's really what Ben said and the island is messed up, because of her. So, that's why no one went.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
My friend in Chicago just turned me on to this pretty cool site- he was informing me and husband that the letters of the funeral home spell "Fast Forward" anagram... "Hoff Drawlar" sneaky...

http://www.lostpedia.com

lots of theories and speculations... good chatter, funny

Ephchap

Another Lost fan here. Count me in among those who were crying buckets when Charlie died. Count me in among those who were saying, "ohhhhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Goooooooooooooooooooood" with the whole Jack flash forward.

Lots of questions after the finale obviously. My only complaint is that if that's truly a flash forward and that is how Lost will end in two years, or whenever it is they said, that I don't want to know that they got off the island already (though every week we hope they will); I don't want to know which guy Kate chose (although it now appears it's not Jack); and I really didn't want to think that Jack gets off the island is a total screwed up mess. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I hope that's not how it will really end.

We have almost 9 months until we see a new episode. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Deb

On_Call

totoro,

I accidently found the lostpedia site a few nights ago and spent about an hour reading the message boards! I thought I had a few ideas floating around in my head for possible next-season routes, but nothing compared to some on that board, huh? It was quite entertaining! Those folks scrutinize every scene and every word!! It was fun, but I don't think I'll visit too frequently! hee hee.

I know - 9 months is a looong time to speculate!