Ladies, this is soooooo cool!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I'm using the Wii Fit program to work on balance issues & such. However I know I cannot walk a golf course or use a walker as I swing a club.

I called my golf pro that has helped me over the years to see if she could help me work on some way to swing the club & not fall on my face. She's never worked with anyone with a brain injury but she's willing to research & work with me.

In the meantime, I called a pro that adapts golf clubs for individuals with disabilities. He recommended I give a certain rehab center here in town a call as they have a golf league for people with brain injuries, paraplegia, strokes, even the blind. The lady who runs this league is in a wheel chair herself. I spoke with the league's PT & she's calling me back shortly. As I've never been to that rehab center (no rehab center) the question was iffy whether I could join this league. I mentioned my neurologist is part of that facility & that will likely get me in!

There are one person golf carts (solo carts) that will hold me up to swing (I can even drive them onto the greens). PT said she would work with me on my swing, balance issues & how I should have my clubs adapted.

I've needed something positive ~ just for me. Please keep all body parts crossed that I can join this league even though I was never a client at this rehab center. I'm too stoked. I'll cancel the remodel on the upstairs bathroom to purchase one of those carts if this works for me.

everywoman

Yeah for you. My fingers are crossed. This sounds like exactly what you need. It will get you out, you'll meet new people, you'll be getting exercise.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
That is SO exciting Linda!
My husband is struggling to get back into golf. He went to a woman that has adapted kinesiology with golf to help people learn how properly move their whole body while swinging.
So not only are they improving their swing, but, decreasing the rick of doing further damage to themselves.
My husband has some really bad spine issues as well as degenerative foot issues.

It is a long process but I think he believes and feels like it is helping.
Of course he has his bad days.

I really hope this works for you. Even just to get you out on the green!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Soooooo you mean that while WE are all here - typing, and not golfing.....

YOU will be out golfing? .........hmmmmmmmmm......

Need a caddy?

GOOD LUCK

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
It's a go! :bigsmile::cheerleader:I start league (free lessons, free balls to hit of the driving range) & a small registration fee. League day the solo carts are free; if I golf on other days the fee is 1/2 price.

I'm beyond excited ~ you'll start getting tired of my golf stories again, ladies. I know how much you loved them in the past. :grey:

So, Cheryl, I'll really need a golf thingamabob to use when posting a thread - just a warning of sorts. :bigsmile:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Linda,
I can't tell you how happy I was to read this!!!!! Just remember if you make it to Madison again that I can't golf worth a darn!!! Hugs.

Marguerite

difficult child 3 loves to play Pangya golf on the Wii. I quite enjoy watching him play it; he also takes the game to school (on school attendance days) and plays it with his teachers. I can heartily recommend you give it a try, I think you will really enjoy it. It could also work towards building your fitness to play the real thing again.

Marg