Lasor Hair Removal?

AppleCori

I 'won' it from a Silent Auction that I bid on a while back. I had been thinking about doing it anyway, for a while.

I still haven't decided what part to use it on.

My underarms? Most 'bang' for the buck.

Or the unwanted, stray hairs I suddenly have started finding on face/neck area? (I embarrassingly admit) Too few to spend money on? Not sure.

Brazilian?

What area are you wanting to laser, Cedar?

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Wouldn't consider it. Never had much body hair, and since menopause and my thyroid giving up the ghost, I have even less.

I don't even bother shaving. I haven't had the long, facial hairs popping up. The only thing I've noticed is that my face is getting a tad fuzzy along my jaw(jowl?) line. The hairs are very short, fine, and nearly transparent, so I'm ignoring them.

Zone Defense

I actually work for a facial plastic surgeon and we offer this procedure. It is not a one time deal. Hair grows in cycles. Your best chance at getting all of the unwanted hair removed is to have the procedure done 3-4 times at about a month apart, that way you zap each growth cycle.

I have had it done myself and I am very pleased with the results. I did not enjoy my fem-stache and wish I had it taken care of 20 years ago. It would've saved a lot of tears.

AppleCori

Thanks, Zone!

Does it hurt at all?

I do waxing, so I'm no stranger to pain, but I would be interested to know.

Also, how long does it take? I hate sitting there for long periods of time. How long for underarms?

Scent of Cedar *

I would do legs, underarms, fem-stashe.

I love that term.

Here is what is happening to me. So, I too thought my facial hair was thinning with age. But you know how, before, we didn't need glasses to read? This is the same thing. Horribly enough, at least in my case, the hairs were still there but I could not see them.

Arghhh!

Now, I keep extra strong glasses in my bathroom for just such emergencies.

Cedar

Zone Defense

Does it hurt at all?

I'm not sure about other offices, but we offer some topical numbing cream for patients that want/need it. I have done it with and without the numbing cream. I think the procedure feels like a small rubber band snap without numbing. The technician will do small areas at a time so it may be a 10 "snaps" for upper lip.

They can use a bigger crystal, which allows for a bigger surface area to be zapped at once, for doing underarms.

It's not an actual "laser" it's BBL, broad band light. You will have protective eye wear but the light is VERY bright so you will still be aware of it. For me that was the more difficult part. I would get psyched out when I saw the light and tensed up even though there was no reason to.

HOWEVER... there is a newer procedure for underarms which not only removes hair, it also kills sweat glands. It's called Miradry. I love it. No more hair or pit stains. This procedure is done only once, not 3-4 times. It is a bit more uncomfortable than BBL, but a one time deal. That may be something to look into for some people.

Also, how long does it take? I hate sitting there for long periods of time. How long for underarms?

IF you want/need numbing cream, ask if you can pick it up prior to your appointment. It needs to be applied 30 before the procedure and I'm sure you'd not want to spend that 30 in the waiting room.

The actual procedure should take approximately 30-45 minutes.

Zone Defense

I would do legs, underarms, fem-stashe.

I love that term.

I'm fairly certain our marketing department would hang me from the roof due to my creative terminology!!!!

Most offices will offer a free consultation appointment to talk to you about time commitment and cost. In my opinion, if an office doesn't offer that, I wouldn't go to them. I like to meet the docs, techs, and get info before handing over my cash! Hopefully you have some friends or family that can refer someone good. You can always check patient satisfaction on line too.