Last Two Days of Nursing School.........

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
It has been a very very long year, made longer by one crisis after another....... You have no idea how glad I am that it is about to come to an end. Finals are tomorrow (monday) and tuesday. Graduation is friday. If I weren't so profoundly exhausted I'd jump up and down and do a dance.

Will I graduate? At this point I honestly don't know. Not for lack of effort. But the mother in law crisis this quarter, which happens to be the fastest pace quarter of all of them, really did not help me. I missed one of my clinical make up days because mother in law passed away thursday night.:( I called my instructor right after the nursing home called us. I truely intended to go to clinical friday......but that morning after calling people.....well it all just hit me in a rush and I was in no emotional/mental condition to be around patients. So I called off. I've not heard a peep from the instructor. I don't know if she's mad.....or what. But I'm sorry I think the death of a family member overrides a clinical day, even if it's a make up one.

medication Surg final is tomorrow. I think I'm ok for that one. It's "my" subject. I usually do well in it. OB on the other hand, is the one with the ditsy instructor who of course once again can't teach out of the book we paid for. So been studying my butt off and we'll see. Barely passing that class. Hard to study for exams you don't have all the information on. And since that one is tues, I have another day of study........and I'll need it.

I will be thrilled to graduate. But if I don't.........well dammit I didn't quit. I DID NOT QUIT!

My family here gets it, especially the girls. Of course they've gone through all the crises with me too........ My Mom won't leave me alone. I think she's trying to be encouraging.....but saying I WILL graduate because she says I will......we'll sort of rubs me the wrong way right now, ya know? Unlike her I didn't have the ability to lock myself in my room for 12 solid months with minimal/no contact with family. Unlike her I actually care about my children/family and so can't simply can't poke my head in the sand and blatantly ignore a crisis while someone else "handles" it. Because around here, there simply is no one else to handle them. Period. She just does not get that, at all.

If it is at all possible.....I will pass both finals. If I'm forced to make up that stupid clinical day that there is no real reason to make up (other than the instructor is being a major *itch) I will make it up. I still will not quit.

When mother in law was still able to speak, she told me she was so very proud of me for finishing school and graduating. I really hope I don't disappoint her. And I'm trying really hard not to........I know she'll be walking with me onto that stage to get pinned if I make it.

But come tuesday around noon........I will be thrilled, one way or another. Because it will be over!!!

I know nursing school is hard and stressful. But having a major crises hit everytime I turned around.....well 12 months of that....has me on the brink of a breakdown.

But it will be over soon. Right now I'm hyper-focused on that. lol

And after..........I'm not doing anything that I don't consider fun for at least 2 full weeks. Well, nix that.....I have mother in law's funeral.......but besides that.:D

For my family here that has given me tons of support every step of the way........I surely hope I will be announcing my graduation soon. Without you guys I'd have never made it this far....seriously, I hope you know that.

(((hugs)))

everywoman

Lisa, I am proud of you. You have endured through so many things that would have broken may people. I hope you do well on your finals. I will keep you in my thoughts for the next few days.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Lisa,
Another one here who is very proud of you! Crossing fingers and keeping good thoughts finals go well. Also, I'm sorry to hear about your mother in law.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
So very proud of your determination! Much love and admiration heading your way. You are a firecracker, a very stong woman in a very small package!

Mattsmom277

You have been amazing, how you juggled the load of all this stuff is beyond me. I do hope you feel the pride being sent your way by your board friends. We've seen you work your behind off and proud of you is a term not glowing enough!

You did it! With or without graduation right away, you did it. That is something to be incredibly excited about. Woot woot!

M

ML

I'm in awe of all you have managed to accomplish. You have every reason to feel proud and I hope you know we are ALL proud of you and celebrate with you in spirit.

Fran

Former desparate mom
So sorry for your loss. I know you were close to m i l.
Hope you graduate and go to work and earn a decent living plus medical benefits to take care of yourself and your family. Great accomplishments and progress in changing a lifestyle usually come out of incredibly hard work and risk and perserverance. You didn't quit! I'm so glad for you.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Sorry to hear about your mother in law Lisa -

But proud of you that you went the distance on your nursing and never gave up despite trying times

Marcie

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Know what I think? I think mother in law is proud of you regardless. You stuck it out. What's not to be proud of?

donna723

Lisa, just try to relax and breeeathe ... You have worked so hard for this and I have been absolutely amazed at you and your determination from the very beginning! You have stuck with it and have overcome obstacles that would have defeated the best of them. We are ALL so proud of you! I KNOW how hard and demanding it is because my daughter went through nursing school. She struggled and stressed over it too and she went through school under almost ideal conditions as a young, single woman living at home with no other responsibilities or obligations other than going to school! It still wasn't easy for her so I have no idea how you have coped with all you've had on your plate ... I am in awe of you! If anyone can do it, you can! And if it's any encouragement, my daughter said that after all she went through in nursing school, she breezed right through her State boards!

And I know your mother in law will be right there with you when you're getting that pin!

KTMom91

mother in law is proud, your kids are proud, we're all proud of all your hard work and dedication to this. You will make a most awesome nurse! Your kindness and compassion will be a great comfort to your patients. You are a wonderful lady who is truly an inspiration, and I love you!

M

Mamaof5

Where the chips may lay, you have come a long way indeed. Be proud, hold your head high and smile. You didn't give up, you didn't quit!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear about your mother in law - I know she was very special to you and a great support. I'm sure she continues to be proud of you and will be by your side till the end. Sending 'passing' thoughts - you will make a great nurse!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Your journey has been so tough and you have been so tough- you deserve to pass- whatever happens you should know that you are so smart and such a strong person who has accomplished so much more than most. phooey on you Mom and anyone who has anything to say to you that may hurt.

sending you positive passing hugs

TerryJ2

Whew. I'm exhausted just reading your note.
I hope you get some sleep tonight.
Let us know how it went today and yesterday!
I'm sending lots of healthy, strong, great test-taking thoughts your way. :smug: