Latest on Grandkids-send prayers please

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
Great news! Here's to hoping her psycho boyfriend isn't following them. Or gets wrecked in the storm if he does.

tiredmommy

Is it wise if they come directly back to your town? Psycho boyfriend makes me nervous for their safety (and yours too!).

muttmeister

I really don't think he'll come here. He doesn't have a car; he has no other ties here; law enforcement here has made arrangements for federal marshalls to take him back to Maryland where he is wanted; we are country people - if he came to my house I would not open the door and if he stepped inside I would shoot first and ask questions later.

I support background checks and the banning of automatic weapons and large ammo magazines but I also support people having guns for protection. I live at least half an hour from the county sheriff and my town has no police force. We are used to taking care of ourselves.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Thank goodness they're safe. What an ordeal for all of you.

Doubtful this loser would follow. He'll likely move on to his next victim until picked up and thrown in jail again.

At least you can sleep easy tonight.

(((hugs)))

muttmeister

Well, NOW I can sleep easy...they just called. They will stay at the motel with difficult child tonight at least until the sun comes up. Then they'll have to evaluate but I talked to them on the phone and everybody is OK.

muttmeister

Sorry, guess I was too excited to be clear. daughter in law, her brother, and all three kids, are at difficult child's motel room safe. Basically, they'll come on home tomorrow if the weather permits. If not, they'll stay where they are until it's good enough to get through.

DammitJanet

Boy Im glad to hear this. I imagine the snow will slow them down after looking at the weather channel but at least they are away from her ex boyfriend. After they get home he can start worrying about how to get rid of his wife. I had to do similar when my first husband stole Billy from me when he was a baby. I had to let my first husband come back to live with me and my father as part of the deal to get my son back but I just bought my time until I kicked my ex out and filed for custody of my infant son so he couldnt ever steal him away from me legally again.

Do know my prayers and thoughts are with you every inch of the way.

DDD

Phew/Whew! Thanks for the update. I'll keep checking on their progress and hope you can exhale soon. Hugs DDD

trinityroyal

Mutt, I'm so glad to hear that your difficult child and grandkids are safe. Praying that the rest of their trip goes smoothly and psycho boyfriend stays far far away.

JJJ

difficult child should consult a lawyer ASAP. Whether he files anything can wait, but he should be prepared.

muttmeister

The legal part is a problem. He already owes his lawyer over $4000 and has no way to pay it. There is no way he can get a lawyer and we live in a rural area; the nearest legal aid or anything like that is nearly 200 miles away.

SuZir

Glad they are safe and you again know there the kids are. Hopefully custody issues can be worked out and nothing like this happens again.