Laugh or cry??

JKF

I don't know if I should laugh or cry right now! Last time I posted I told you we were in myrtle beach on vacation. It got better after my last post and we actually had a lot of fun. So much so that we stayed an extra day.

So this morning at 6 we set out for home. We were making great time, lots of laughs etc. About 7 hours into our trip my AC stopped working. We opened the windows and instantly smelled burning. My husband was able to maneuver through traffic and pull off on the shoulder of 95. He instantly discovered that the AC clutch broke and was on fire. Uggggg! That part controls the cooling system so the car was overheating as well. We were actually slowly able to get it off the highway and made it to the holiday inn
in Alexandria VA. Car was towed to the nearest honda dealer but they can't look at it till Monday. We're staying the night at the HI and renting a car tomorrow morning at the airport and driving home. husband has to work Monday so we have to get back tomorrow no matter what. We're coming back down Friday to get the car from the dealer and drive it home. The worst part is that husband is a master mechanic but has no tools or parts to fix this himself so Honda will make a nice $1500 from us. What a nightmare!!!!

It's been hard to post bc hotel wifi sucks and I'm almost over on my data plan so I'm sorry if anyone replies and I don't respond right away. Please say lots of prayers for us and wish us luck getting home tomorrow!!!!

InsaneCdn

Just remember... easy child will still be talking about this 20 years later. Great memories aren't necessarily the result of planning...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Saying a prayer you make it home safely............and manage to have a little bit more fun on your extended stay along the way.

((hugs))

PatriotsGirl

We had a car die on us in Virginia!! I think we ended up leaving it at a Holiday Inn...we were driving two vehicles up to Massachusetts. We always joke about going through Virginia.

You will laugh about it later... :)

busywend

Laugh! Because you can not change it. Sorry about the cost, frustrating especially because husband can do it himself. Ugh!

Have a safe trip home!

DDD

FYI In our town and at least throughout Florida there is an auto parts chain that lends you the tools you need to fix your car/truck if you buy the parts from them. I'd put down the name but I'm not completely sure...I think it starts with the word Auto xxxx. The two auto part chain stores that I sell to are NOT happy that the other guys are really raking in the customers and they believe it should be illegal for them to have service in their parking lot. That would have been perfect for your husband. I'm assuming the chain is throughout the South and worth remembering "just in case" something happens in the future. Our whole family is mechanically ignorant, lol, but someone figured out that they could go there and have a new battery installed in just a few minutes.

By the way......I'm sure glad you all were so smart and didn't have to cope with a fire! Yikes that would have been a disaster. Hugs DDD

JKF

We made it home yesterday afternoon. I've never ever ever been so happy to see my house before! We have the rental car until Friday and then have to drive it back down to the airport in Difficult Child and pick my car up at the dealer in VA. Luckily the two are only 5 minutes apart but it's a 4 hour drive each way for us. So much for a nice 4th of July weekend!

I'm so stressed and sick to my stomach. It's like vacation ended and the BS started again immediately. I have to work today and it's also difficult child's birthday. He wants a big bash today and is not happy that I can only come see him to give him his gift. I have a party planned for him here at the house this coming Sunday but that's not enough for him. There's only so much I can do though so I'm trying to breathe.

Well I guess it's back to the grind. :,( Uggggghhhh!!!!

busywend

And reality sets in.....certainly you had a very large crash landing back into it! But, I am sure it was still worth the vacation!

JKF

Busywend - It was definitely a worthwhile vacation! I'm much more calm today. The car is fixed. We will pick it up Friday bc we both have busy schedules at work this week and then Thurs is the holiday. We are leaving very early Friday morn (3am!) so we can get the rental back to the airport before 8:30. We'll get a cab to the Honda dealer, pick up my car and hit the road back to NJ. Hopefully we'll make it home by 2 or so and be able to enjoy the rest of the day.

And we're even planning to return to SC again next year for vaca so we definitely had fun! Otherwise I think we'd both say "never again" after the adventure we had on the way home! lol