Laundry Day :(

JKF

So today is laundry day. We have an issue with easy child/difficult child being lazy and leaving things in his pockets so I had him separate his clothes and told him nicely at least 12 times to check every single pocket. He assured me he did. Well as I was taking the laundry out of the washer an old cheese stick fell out. Yes - a cheese stick!! It was wrapped still but sopping wet. So gross! He started crying and saying it's not his fault. Hmmm well I'm pretty sure it is his fault bc not only do we have a no food upstairs rule but I asked him to check his pockets 12 times. So yeah - totally 100% his fault. He's punished now. And I'll be serving him that very cheese stick for dinner tonight. I won't actually make him eat it but I'm pretty sure he'll get my point when he comes down expecting a good meal and finds a soggy old cheese stick on his plate instead :) Yup I'm officially the meanest mom ever but I'm so done with the bs.

JKF

Yeah the soggy cheese stick on his dinner plate definitely made a point. He was astonished. The look on his face was priceless. I've been cooking all day since we're home for spring break and it smells so good in here. He was expecting a nice dinner instead of old wet cheese. I obviously didn't make him eat it but it definitely got my point across. I did give him some real dinner (which he was very grateful for!) but now he has to spend the rest of the evening in his room. He's up there with a full belly happily reading Harry Potter so it could be worse. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!

TerryJ2

LOL! Good one!

When we were kids, we were supposed to take turns doing the laundry. I ended up doing the Lion's Share, mostly my little sister's clothes. She waitressed, and inevitably, left money in her pockets.
I told her that I would give her back her money ONCE and after that, I got to keep it.
The first few times, it was coins. She shrugged her shoulders. I kept doing the laundry.
Then, it was a ten dollar bill.
Guess who called in Mom and Dad to take her side? Guess who started doing her own laundry? :hi5:

JKF

Oh yes - Without a doubt HaoZi! lol I made him sit there for a good half hour. He was mortified and in absolute shock. He just sat there staring at it and then finally broke down in tears. I made it MORE than clear that if this EVER happens again he will either eat it or go without dinner. He literally cherishes meals and he knows I'm not one for making empty threats so hopefully this won't happen again! He's just sooooo lucky that I caught it before it went into the dryer!

JKF

Lol Terry! That's too funny! Definitely a good way to get her to do her share!!! I wish it was money instead of - let's see - crayons (which stuck to the inside of the dryer and took FOREVER to get off), pens, pencils, erasers, Legos, paper of all colors, etc and now CHEESE! I have to admit he has been better lately with the pocket checking bc he gets grounded for the evening if we find his odds and ends in the washer/dryer so that's a good incentive for him to check. The cheese really threw me for a loop though. SO gross!! Hopefully I put the fear of god into him by telling him that next time it will be his dinner.

by the way - I have to say - that cheese really held up well for being in his pocket for god knows how long and going through a hot water permanent press cycle. It looked almost edible. Yuck!!!

TerryJ2

JKF, I hate to tell you this, but that same sister still has um, laundry issues. She does her laundry, she just doesn't doublecheck tickets, times, directions, or even her purse.
After 9-11, when we first had to start running our purses through xray scanners, she was pulled aside to ID some questionable items that showed up under the scanner.
"Could you please open your purse for me," the security person said.
"You don't want to do that. Really."
"Please open your purse."
"Are you sure?"
Rather than get arrested, my sister opened her purse and pulled out her son's lunch from ... oh, 1998 I think ... a squished and moldy PBJ sandwich, and yes, old cheese.
Eww!
I never complain about airport security. If it weren't for them, our difficult children would never clean anything!!!!!

JKF

Omg Terry! Yuck!! I can only imagine the reaction of airport security. They must have been in shock! Hahaha

So great - he's 12 and we're already up to string cheese in the pocket! What's next?? Noooooooooo! lol

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
I've dealt with a couple crayons, coins, and small rocks, but nothing like this. And thankfully none of it stuck. Worst thing was a chapstick that *I* forgot in MY apron pocket LOL.

JKF

I've dealt with a couple crayons, coins, and small rocks, but nothing like this. And thankfully none of it stuck. Worst thing was a chapstick that *I* forgot in MY apron pocket LOL.

Omg ROCKS!! - that's another popular pocket item of my son's! I actually find rocks more often than the other stuff.

I forgot a pack of gum in a pocket once and ruined some of my favorite things but all it took was that ONE time. I've never done that again! lol