LCD tv's

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I remember the guy at Best Buy telling us to watch out for video game burn on the LCD screens, but at that time we did not have our wii. He was asking us if we had an x-box, we did but we did not use it really. He said it leaves a dark burn image on the screen if you play too much.
I think video games can *burn* a lot of the screens I am not sure if it is just the LCD though.

Wiped Out

Staff member
We've used the Wii with no problems on our LCD t.v. but don't know if that is the same for all gaming systems.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Well, kinda.

Vague enough for an answer? lol Basically, its the same theory as your easy child monitor and why you should use a screen saver - "burn" on any tv or monitor comes from one image being displayed without moving for long periods of time. If you play the game for hours and hours daily, or leave it on for hours and hours, yes, it will burn your tv (any tv).

klmno

Thanks!! Normally, I don't let difficult child use the only lcd tv we have for his gaming and now he has lost the xbox priviledge completely for a while, so I guess it won't be too much of an issue. It sounds like the main thing is long term usage and not to leave it on and walk away for long periods.