Leaving My Comfort Zone!!!!!!

pasajes4

I have come to the conclusion that I am so stuck in a rut that it is time for me to shake things up and stretch the boundaries of my comfort zone. MY broken arm has forced me to stay put at home for the past 2-3 weeks. Which is fine by me. Unless I am working or dealing with my difficult child's appointments and so forth, I never leave my house.

My sister has lived in Baltimore for almost 30 years and I have never gone to visit. I talked to her on the phone yesterday and decided it is time to take a road trip. My arm should be healed in another 3 weeks enough to drive. I have decided to pack up my son and my oldest grand and hit the road. We will make pit stops in New Orleans and Florida. While we are there we can go to Washington and New York City. I am totally excited and now budget is running specials on weekly rentals of SUV's. I get more excited each time I think about it!!!!!:crazydriver:

InsaneCdn

Beep Beep... look out, world, RoadRunner is coming thru!
Have fun twice... first with the planning, and then with the trip.

DammitJanet

Where do you live now? You say you are going to make pit stops in FL and New Orleans and then go to Washington and NY while going to Baltimore....Im taking it that you live somewhere in the southwest area? TX, OK maybe? If so then you must be driving Interstate 10 over towards Florida then hitting I95 up the east coast. If you do then you will come straight past me. I mean literally straight past my house...lol. I live 17 miles into NC off of Interstate 95. So...if this is the way you are coming, then PM me and I will meet you for a soda or something if you are interested. Also you will pass right by Sharon, CrazyinVA and pigless as you go up into VA. And Klmno as you get closer to Washington...and my son is right next to Washington. I should give you my sons number just in case you have any problems while in the northern VA area. He is with the sheriff's dept up there so he could get you help.

pasajes4

Janet, I live in San Antonio,Texas. I would love to meet some of the people that have come to mean so much to my sanity these days. I am literally waiting for my sister to call me back so we can confirm a date. It will be an amazing trip. When i was younger, I thought nothing of jumping into whatever vehicle i was driving at the time. I never gave a thought about the cars road worthiness or wehther I could afford to take a trip. Things sure have changed as I have become a "mature" adult.

keista

Yes! A good road trip is a cure-all for oh so many maladies!

I'm doing my NE family vacay for the third year in a row. 3 weeks on the road!

I hope you have as much fun as we do!

DammitJanet

Cool beans! I went to Houston one time so I have an inkling of what a trip you are tackling...lol. I know San Antonio is about another 7 or 8 hours west of Houston and it took us almost 22 hours to drive straight through to Houston from my house. But you are going to go to New Orleans and then to FL so that will add on some time. We went straight to Atlanta and then cut over. Boy that was one LONG trip...lol.

pasajes4

San Antonio is about a 3 hour drive from Houston. It is 8 hours to New Orleans. I mapped it out on map quest. I may cut the time by skipping Florida and going to Virginia Beach on the way back. It won't take us as much out of the way as florida. I would much rather take the trip in the fall/early winter, but difficult child is still in school and i work during the school year.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'll be taking a road trip soon too.................and it's definitely out of my comfort zone as I'll be going back to my hometown to visit my mother. ugh There is a reason I haven't been home in more than 15 yrs. Oh, well. Maybe it will be fun. Nichole is going with me, and we might even manage to be kid free. :)

Go for it and have a fun trip!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yep. I am not telling my mother about the trip. I do not want her trying to comne with me.

:rofl:

Mine has to know. She's who I'm going to see. LOL It's all the other relatives that I'd rather not bother with. One of the reasons I stopped going back home is she'd drag out every relative within a 20 mile radius to "visit". But I wasn't going there to visit them, I was going there to visit her. Drove me nuts. AND it made it so we didn't get to visit at all, so basically a wasted trip.