So...husband and I have held it together reasonably well, I'd say, as difficult child 1 has gone into crisis mode and his recent ER visit and psychiatric hospital admittance, but now things are really starting to suck. husband has been complaining that I won't make phone calls...i.e. I won't call the hospital to check on difficult child because every time I dial the number I find myself choking back tears and can't speak, so I make husband call everytime because he can hold a conversation with them. So, for this, husband is upset with/disappointed in me. husband also wants to get rid of my dog...and with difficult child in the psychiatric hospital, he sees this as prime opportunity to give the dog away, where as I see it as the worst time of all (i.e. I'm already hurting...why do you want to pour salt on an open wound?). So, husband has been constantly laying into me about how we should find a new home for the dog and find it before difficult child gets discharged from the psychiatric hospital. Anyway...I was holding it together until today. husband has been so disappointed/upset that I won't make phone calls that this morning, after my cup of coffee, I was feeling pretty confident and ready, so I not only called the psychiatric hospital to see how difficult child's night went and morning was going, but I also called the Insurance company to get some more details on our coverage and find out what we needed to do to get a neuropsychologist test done. Here I was trying to do something nice and productive and proactive and please husband and when husband called I told him all about the phone calls and then I was telling him about how simple it sounded to get the neuropsychologist test authorized, we'd just have to find a Dr and he started getting all angry. He started saying that "we should wait and have the school do the neuropsychologist testing" And I tried to explain to him that it was the end of the school year and they might not even DO a neuropsychologist test and that if they did, it would be after they've exhausted all other Special Education testing, and does he really think we should wait that long when our son is in crisis and it doesn't sound like they're doing any real testing on him at the hospital and we don't feel comfortable with the diagnosis they're giving him? And he just went off on me and said, "I don't feel like I can talk to you! You're being ridiculous! You're making me so angry. I have to let you go" and he hung up! I'm beside myself. I just don't understand. Am I over-reacting here? Our childs only advocate is US and I'm just not comfortable waiting on the school system to *maybe* do an important test months from now when my son obviously needs help now. He complains that I don't make any phone calls and then when I actually do he gets overly mad at me. What on earth did I do wrong here? I am just overcome with sadness today. difficult child being in the psychiatric hospital has been hard on me and my mood had finally started to pick up and I was finally making it through the day without feeling like I was fighting back tears at every turn and this has definately set me back emotionally. Ah well...thanks for listening.