Let the season begine:)

Wiped Out

Staff member
College football today!!!!!! I know that a couple of teams have already played but I am so excited because the Michigan Wolverines play today! husband and easy child are in Michigan and going to the game; difficult child and I will watch it here (or at least attempt to as the games don't always hold difficult child's interests).

I'm hoping for a much better season than last year for the Wolverines:cheerleader: Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So remind us who you cheer for and get on your fan face:fan:

mstang67chic

Going Green
I heard husband talking about Michigan but I don't remember who they are playing or who he is rooting for. Sometimes he roots for "his" teams....other times it has to do with rankings and who plays who later. I can never keep it all straight.

His brother called him the other day though to invite him to the Notre Dame game today. He turned it down because we have plans and also because ND is plaing Nevada (??) and he wants to go to a game that will MEAN something. :slap:

Hope everyone enjoys the game today!

jbrain

I'm a University of Pittsburgh fan but also a Wolverine fan (I'm from Michigan) and a Spartan fan (I never could pick between Mich. State and U of Mich). I cheer for Pitt because my son went there for 2 years. Also, I work at Cornell so I cheer for them and I live not too far from Syracuse so I cheer for them as well.

Have fun--I am so glad it is football season again!

Jane

gcvmom

Here we go again!
husband is a die-hard fan of all Pitt teams, collegiate and professional. Except for the Lakers... he'll die a Laker fan (I know, wrong season).

Anyhow, hope it's a good game for you today!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Stang-Tell him I'll be at the Michigan vs Notre Dame game next weekend (of course, I'll be cheering for Michigan).

Jbrain-Sounds like you have lots of teams to be cheering for!!!

Gvcmom-Was husband always a Laker's fan? Is he from the East Coast (wondering because he cheers for all the Pitt teams)?

I'm so glad Michigan won today-next week though will be much more of a challenge though. At least husband and easy child were able to enjoy a win today!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am sitting here watching CMU vs ARIZ- CMU getting there butts kicked.
Also watching LSU vs WASH- close game
We will be watching a ton of UofA games, GO WILDCATS!!!
husband is a diehard KU fan Rock Chalk Jayhawks!!! So I end up watching the Jayhawks all year and have grown to love them.

husband grew up in Chicago and we lived in NW Indiana for 4 years, he has grown to hate Notre Dame.
Everyone in NW Indy was a ND fan.

witzend

Well, the Ducks certainly made a bad start of it Thursday night! How idiotic and embarrassing! The Beavers did better. Usually it's the Beavers that are bad boys, but life goes on. The Ducks haven't been what they were for years, and now with Bellotti gone, we'll see if they can pull it back together.

DammitJanet

GO ACC! In this house we love Duke, UNC and VaTECH.

We like the Pro's better though. I am so excited for the 10th to get here!

mstang67chic

Going Green
husband grew up in Chicago and we lived in NW Indiana for 4 years, he has grown to hate Notre Dame.
Everyone in NW Indy was a ND fan.

I think it's a requirement to live up there! LOL Actually, my brother in law was transferred up that way and he, sister in law and the kids are moving up there. Nephew is ECSTATIC about it and I THINK will be going to one of the so called ND feeder high schools. He went to the ND game yesterday and somehow got passes to a VIP type section. Nephew was still floating about it hours later. LOL