Let us hold KLMNO tight in our hearts for Sun & Mon

CrazyinVA

Staff member
You've been in my thoughts, k. I wish I could be there to hug you in person today (or yesterday) but scheduling conflicts are keeping me here. Sending you a virtual hug right now. <3

Estherfromjerusalem

KLMNO, sorry I don't know how to do the avatar thing either, but I wanted you to know that I have lit a memorial candle that burns for 25 hours, and that I am thinking of you so much of the time. May the powers-that-be give you the strength you need now, and may you take comfort in the knowledge that you have been the best mother that Evan could have. May he rest in peace now.

Love, Esther

klmno

I'm back and ready to crawl in a hole and let my mind wander and start trying to accept things instead of having to deal with arrangements, meetings, etc- not that I didn't want to deal with E's funeral. We had to get stuff from funeral home unloaded from car.

Tourette's Syndrome came and I must tell all of you, she is a most amazing and kind person. I wish I could have found the strength to spend more time with her at a lunch or something. It was just hard getting thru this morning.

Everything about E's arrangements was wonderful.....except....that pastor was not one I'd have chosen had I known he was only going to show up to convert people. My neighbors noticed it and I think others did, too. I noticed it off the batt. Well as I told my neighbor who drove me home, it's better that the casket, visitation, cemetery, etc. all went well and have that one part not go so well.I'm sure E has been pprayed for by many.

I'll never be able to express all the gratitude I feel for those of you who supported me and helped me thru this.

Last edited:

DDD

I am so delighted that Tourette's Syndrome was able to provide support in person. You have done a remarkable job of coping with the painful circumstances and demonstrated the finest example of "grace under fire". Like so many others I would have loved to provide some in person support but the outpouring of loving thoughts, prayers and hugs from the entire family let you know that you were surrounded by this entire extended family. Hugs DDD

klmno

A few people sent flowers and two of them have no name on them- how do I go about finding out who to thank?

TerryJ2

So sorry about the pastor. Ugh. Some people will never get it.
The part I saw was tasteful, heartfelt and loving.
I am so glad you have some time off to sleep and grieve and not have to "do" anything except accept everyone's love.

klmno

I think the only things I have to do for the next couple of days is get in contact with a couple of people and go to dr to get medication slip saying I need time off work for medical or psychiatric reasons. I think I'll qualify for the psychiatric. LOL!

As far as the psator, I used the one recommended by the funeral home director. I wish I had used a military chaplain- they are much better about keeping things spiritual in a way that is welcoming to those of any faith and they don't try to push one faith so much.

Nancy

I didn't scroll up to see the comment about the service. I had the pleasure of meeting Tourette's Syndrome a couple years ago and everything you said about her is very true. I hope you can think about the parts of the service that gave you comfort and forget the rest. I have always thought that the pastor's comments should revolve around the person and thier family and some words of comfort, not any other agenda.

Take the time you need now to grieve for your son and to come to some kind of peace within yourself. Surround yourself with any support you have available. Come here to vent or cry or just talk. Know your son has had a profound impact on our family here. We are all part of the fabric that keeps this family together and we understand and empathise with you. We can't begin to understand how you feel but we feel your pain and want to help. I hope you reach out for grief counseling, I don't think anyone can go through what you have and not need help processing it.

Nancy

BusynMember

I'm so sorry I'm late to post.

I was gone today, but thought about you a lot, sending my prayers. Hoping you know that anytime you feel a need to reach out, we are here.

FlowerGarden

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. You have been through so much these past few days. Please make sure you take time for yourself and get some rest. Hugs to you.