let's see medication increase again i'm thinking?

Jena

hi everyone,

so, difficult child had issue this week already, and i posted about it. she was what looked to be manic, jumping all over the place couldn't stay still up till the wee hours of the morning.

Well, I increased last week already, than this week after that incident. granted we are going up in very small increments. she's at over 50mg now. we have a ways to go.

yet again tonight she's bouncing all over the place. dancing in her bed and singing. easy child just loves that, not!! So, she can't stay still, she had an anxiety ridden day today in school by the way. Teacher said she's been improving greatly yet today she was def. off.

So, now i'm thinking instead of increasing it by a little let's go up about 25mg. i'm calling the dr. in the a.m. he wont' let me use melatonin with the seroquel she is on currently. She just keeps moving through each new dose i give her like it's candy. She went down last nite by ten which was great, yet it looks now like this addtl dose has adjusted already and her body is ready for more.

love the tweeking of the medications.

Andy

I wish I could come and help you keep watch! To help work with getting her settled. I'll take the 2nd shift if you promise to let me sleep in.

Jena

Sure, no problem. The other couch is available!!!! We are now watching Suite Life. The torture her in her rm time is over. I cant' go past 2 hours of leaving her contained like that she loses it after trying her breathing, etc. to bring it down. she has half day tomorrow also. Wow i'm going to be the walking dead by monday lol.

BusynMember

I don't think Seroquel is that great a bipolar medication. I personally hated my short tries on antipsychotics. They made me feel worse. Of course, everyone is different in their reactions, but I just felt too doped up and too depressed (they all made me very depressed and angry).
My son was up to 600 mgs. of Seroquel (I think--it was a long time ago). He was never greatly affected by it even at a very high dose. It just made him less able to learn and sleepy all the time. On lower doses, it didn't even make him sleepy. I would talk to psychiatrist again. I wish you luck.

Jena

hi,

thanks. I"m getting a very positive result and affect with this medication, I dont' want to give up yet. She isn't at all sedated, it's lowered her anxiety enough to enable her to actualy talk to ppl for the first time in her life, literally. other than family and stuff she has never made connections, usually just one kid and that's it. If that much. Her grades are holding their own as well, and up till this week sleep was also happening. granted she's still nasty and got a little volatile a few times, yet i'm finding that i'm able to handle it better when she's medicated.

i think i'm giong up by 25mg this time, i'm not messing around with dosing out at tiny increments. her bodies adjiusting too fast.

i'm sorry that the antipyschotics made you feel horrible. it is so true it's a different experience for everyone. difficult child can't do anxiety medications, or antidepressants she flies manic.

i'll put call into doctor again. just thinking also you are so right i don't want to squash her personality that i'm beginning to see and all the good stuff. so it's a careful fine line to walk on.

BusynMember

If it's working, heck, YEAH keep using it. I take Paxil and it's magical for me, but I know a lot of people who flip out on Paxil. It's all very individual. Glad it's working!

Jena

thanks, yes i just get a little nervous as i keep going up with the medication. but i come in here, you guys talk me thru it and i'm good again!

:)

Jena

just raised the medication again after last nights' 3 a.m. go to bed again routine. she was so manic today it was beyond compare, and oh yea it was mania for sure!! up till i got that sweet little thing down tongiht who was nasty and calling me names......... :) ahhh the joy!!

so i called the doctor who didnt' call back so i upped it on my own this time a little. she is now down for the coutn and will hopefully get some sleep tonight and me as well. i hate that i have to keep going up with the medication, its like she adjusts bounces back to previous behavior and up we go again with the medication. she was so totally off tonight.

so, now we're at 75mg. still low i know, jsut astounding when i see such intial improvment with ea new increase and it wears off in a day and we're up again.

hmm when will it stop? i dont want her sedated yet this isn't good either. she sasid to me tonight "your just mean, and horrible and totally annoying me today". after a day i tried my best to keep up with her, i went to park did swings and climbed all over wiht her drew pictures decorated for xmas, you name it we did it baked cookies board game, etc.

i was like yup your right i'm a horror show go brush your teeth little person. so she shoved past me and stormed upstairs stomping her feet and hitting the walls as she went up. i guess i'll just keep going up till she gets the amt her brain needs