Let's see who is the coldest today Jan. 7, 2015

BusynMember

Schools closed here. It takes a lot for schools in Wisconsin to close.

--35- --45 with wind chill. It is actually --7 degrees.

I'm dressed all warm and toasty and ready to go to work.

muttmeister

Not quite that cold here; I think they said it is -4 and the windchill is -27 but it is cold enough that I didn't have to go to work. I am a nanny for 4 teachers and none of them had schools so I get a (paid) day off. Every cloud has a silver lining!

Scent of Cedar *

As you did not say no smarty pants Southerners could post in this time MWM....

:O)

We are feeling quite chilly ourselves, this morning.

Temps in the sixites last night! Raw morning breezes, palm trees rattling in the wind.

I am wearing long pants and socks.

Brrr.....

Cedar

Origami

It's -1 here (Chicago area) with a -20 wind chill, so I can't quite outdo you, MWM, but it's plenty cold. They closed the public schools today, which is unusual, but I'm here at work. I lucked out and got a nice long down coat at a garage sale this summer, and it's been great for this kind of weather. One of my sons is in Thailand for a vacation, and he's been taunting us with pictures of gorgeous beaches on Facebook.

PatriotsGirl

34 here in Georgia - will get to 19 tonight, though...and Connor hates blankets on him. I am going to need to put 2 pairs of fleece jammies on him tonight!!

Lil

At the moment it's 6 degrees with wind chill of -5. But the forecast says: "Gradual clearing and windy. Temperatures falling through the day. Wind chills as cold as 15-20 degrees below zero."

See? It gets freaking COLD in Missouri too! LOL

Of course, it's supposed to be back up to 29 tomorrow.
:freezing:That's Missouri. Sometimes in the same day. :)

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Here in Northern Illinois it has warmed up a bit to -1 (windchill is -13) I am so grateful I do not work outside. There's only 72 days until Spring!!

KTMom91

Not a smarty pants Southerner, but here in sunny Central CA it's supposed to get up to 68 degrees. I took my mom in for cataract surgery at 6 this morning and did not have to scrape ice off my car windows with a credit card, so I was pleased.

cubsgirl

It has warmed up to 0 degrees in Chicagoland. Not sure what the wind chill is but it's COLD and the schools are closed here too. I have to take difficult child 2 to a job interview later today - I don't want him walking in this cold.

BusynMember

Hey southereners and Californians, this a contest to see who has the coldest weather :p

You can try to compete of course.

Interesting how many Illinoisians are here. I used to be one.

PG, your weather is downright moderate to us here up North. Our kids would not be wearing anything special to bed as that is not really considered very cold here...hehe.

Wiped Out

Staff member
The district I work in had school today, the only district around that did. However I'm on my way to a funeral out of state and not only is it cold but snowy. We still have a ways to go. We've been on the road 6 hours already and usually it's a 5 and a half hour trip. I'm guessing we still have another hour and a half to go (at a minimum). Good thing husband is driving.

BusynMember

Lil, my son called me and said, "It's actually just zero here in Missouri, which is very rare." He was talking to me as her walked from the parking lot to work and wanted to end the conversation because, "It's actually cold here." In general, he thinks MO has very mild winters.

Estherfromjerusalem

Well, I can't compete with your extreme cold, but here in Jerusalem it is really cold and we are having our first real storm of the winter, with very strong winds, lots of rain, and snow not only in the north where the Golan Mountains are very high and where it always snows in the winter and people even go there to ski, but also here in Jerusalem. There is a lot of excitement, lots of roads being closed and lots of happy children who have not had to go to school. I have two granddaughters from out of town where it never snows (aged 16 and 18) who came especially to be here for the snow, and they are having the time of their lives. I did some shopping before it started snowing so am quite calm and happy to be snug and warm in the house. Luckily for heat we do not depend solely on electricity (we have a central heater with a chimney that more or less heats the whole house and for now it will stay alight 24/7).

Mind you, since I was born in England and lived there until I was almost 30, I am quite used to good cold winters and in fact quite enjoy them.

Love, Esther

Californiablonde

We are having a winter heat wave in Southern California and it's 80 degrees (Don't hate!) I am enjoying it while I can. Last week it was in the 30's and 40's. I know that doesn't seem cold to many of you but to this native Californian that's cold! It is supposed to cool down again by the weekend.

BusynMember

To me...80 is too hot...lol. It really is. I always sit in the shade if I have to be outside in sumer. At least I have a low risk of skin cancer as I have always had trouble with the heat and sun and the shade was my friend when I was forced to be outdoors, even as a teenager :) To me perfect weather is sunny and 65. That is THE MOST AWESOME WEATHER.

Californiablonde

To me 80 degrees is absolutely perfect weather as long as it's not really humid. Anything higher is too hot. Anything below 70's and I put on a sweater, and anything below 60 and it's time to pull out my heavy jacket.

BusynMember

Heh.

Nobody wears a jacket here if it's 60 degrees. At 55 we may wear sweatshirts because that can be a bit chilly. The heavy winter jackets often don't come out until the twenties or below. Many of us just have short zip on jackets and that's how we go out when it's in the 40's and 30's. Guess it is truly what we get used to.

InsaneCdn

Well, we're warming up here. Relatively speaking. -16C (around 0F), and the wind has gone down. For now. The car isn't complaining as loudly about starting in the morning, but my joints still are!