Let's talk because....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I'm in a lot of pain & exercise, my TENS unit nor my pain medications are touching it this morning.

Done with the remodel - everything is gorgeous (know I need to post kitchen & living room).

After I got my piano I told myself that was it - done spending. I'm working with a financial planner who said "okay, you've completed the very necessary remodel & bought your piano; now it's time to rebuild your funds". Not a problem, I'm done spending beyond my bills & such.

Now here is the problem. Several years ago husband "surprised" me with a new desk set - very pretty, very modern. Doesn't fit at all in my 109 y/o home.

So I got to thinking - dangerous & distorted of late. ;) Roll top desk. Perfect!:cheerleader:

Spent way too much time on Craig's List & found the perfect desk (it comes with the matching chair).

I'd go just for the desk - no real room for the armoire - maybe upstairs for kt who doesn't really have a closet. Hmmmmmm?

Talk to me ladies.

Otherwise we need to have a party & I have home made frozen chalupa filling in my freezer even as we speak - can get my blender out for margaritas. Let's do both!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Both pieces look lovely! Can you sell the modern desk to off-set the cost of the rolltop? Make sure the rolltop will accommodate all your paperwork and storage/workspace needs.

And I'll be waiting patiently by my mailbox for the party invite... :D

mstang67chic

Going Green
Both pieces look lovely! Can you sell the modern desk to off-set the cost of the rolltop? Make sure the rolltop will accommodate all your paperwork and storage/workspace needs.

And I'll be waiting patiently by my mailbox for the party invite... :D

My thoughts exactly!

donna723

I think both pieces are GORGEOUS! I would kill to have a wardrobe like that for my back bedroom that doesn't have a closet. I know what you mean though ... my house is 160 years old and new, modern-looking furniture just doesn't 'fit' in here!

If you could sell the new desk you have, you'd be just that much to the good.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'd get both pieces since they are beautiful, they suit your needs, you have a place for both, and they are a daggone BARGAIN together. WOW!

Suz

N

Nomad

I would consider getting them...

however, do you have something old that you don't need that you might sell to help offset the cost of these purchases?

This Craiglist thing works both ways...buy and sell.

Just be very careful if you go to sell something...have a friend with- you when buying or selling, etc.

busywend

Beautiful. I was thinking about offsetting the cost by selling the other desk, too.

If you can do it and then be sure to keep spending in check then you should go for it!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
If you can afford them without killing your budget..............sweetie, go for it!!! They're gorgeous pieces!!!

And if you want you could see the modern desk to off set the cost.

I've almost got all my furniture now to fit in with my 1880's home.........just the tv (can't do much about that) and the computer desk in the kitchen. mother in law's furniture fits right in. :D