Let's vote!

M

ML

My first choice is Vegas in Spring Summer or Fall. Definitely want a pool. some of us could share rooms to save money. Flights to Vegas are pretty cheap sometimes. But if everyone does the beach in NC I would find a way to be there too. MicheleL

Marguerite

About this party people have been talking about, somewhere in the US - although it was fairly unlikely we'd have been able to come, husband has been doing some checking and finding out that for us, a visit to the US seems permanently impossible. In other words, we can't come, ever.

With my health problems, I wouldn't be able to get adequate health insurance cover. Also, medications are a BIG problem - apparently we're not allowed in if we take medications that are not FDA approved. Or at least, we're allowed in but the medications are not. With my medications, I gather a substitute (chemically identical) IS approved by FDA, but I take the another version (approved in Australia) because it doesn't wear off as fast and doesn't contain inert ingredients (a certain colour) which I'm allergic to.

husband has some medications not allowed; others are not allowed in the quantities he would need to bring. And ANY privately compounded medications (such as the stims difficult child 3 has been taking until recently) would also not be allowed.

We'd always had the hope that one day we would get to travel the world a bit more and get to the US. We still need to do a bit more digging, but it's looking like we'd need a lawyer to cut through all this red tape, with no guarantee we'd get through the bulldust.

I do know I can't go to Indonesia, or a number of other Asian countries. Even our trip to New Zealand required a lot of paperwork and letters from doctors.

So we'll definitely have to sit this one out.

Maybe we could go to Mexico and sneak through the border there? (just kidding)

Marg

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I am so open to anywhere. If we get it broken down to maybe two or three ideas then I might make a vote vote but right now I am open to visit anywhere.

Beth

daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
I'm sure I won't be able to make it, but if and when you guys do this somebody better take a lot of pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mstang67chic

Going Green
In other words, we can't come, ever.

Marg

Well that just blows bull puckey.

Although.............if you DID get the raft, and if we went to NC or SC....no one expects rafts to wash up there!!! Be a bit of a longer journey but we'd be there at the beach waiting with food, water and aloe!