Letter from difficult child

Nancy

"Dear Mom and Dad,

I just want to thank you for the best Easter ever! I just want you guys to know how much I love you guys and how thankful I am for everything you guys do for me. And how lucky I am to have such amazing parents! I love you with all my heart!

Mom, I'm so happy to have you back in my life. I've taken you granted the past 19 years and didn't understand all of the things I did to you, but I do now. I can't wait to have an amazing relationship with you and share amazing journeys with you! I love you with all my heart. Thanks for everything you've done for me.

Dad, You've always been there for me. Thank you for being always being there for me and for doing so much for me. I promise to never take you for granted again. I love you so much.

difficult child"

Last edited:
Nancy-

I too, have tears in my eyes. I know it's been a long time coming, but it appears your daughter has finally figured it out. I will continue to pray for her and your family.

Blessings,

Julie

lovemysons

Awww...what a very nice letter from difficult child. My mom has a letter of gratitude that I wrote for her many years ago... When I finally realized how much she went through while loving me all the while. She has it framed on her dresser lol it's a good reminder for both of us. It is definitely a gratitude letter.

difficult child also seems to be very hopeful about the future...very good sign.

Thinking of you all,
Tammy

Ephchap

Nancy, pass the tissues. What a beautiful letter. Definitely hang onto it.

It's so nice to hear that she's happy in her new sober environment and is reflecting on her life.

Hugs,
Deb

N

Nomad

Simply beautiful.
Hoping for the best.
So good to hear that she is reflective and appreciative.
and
So good to know that you are getting some positive feedback and RELIEF.

J

jinger

Savor the joy that letter brought to your heart and know that no matter what, deep down, those are the true authentic feelings your daughter has for you. Hopefully, she is finally on the way to finding her beautiful self.

pepperidge

Know too that there will be setbacks undoubtedly but that all you have done is worth it if those are the true feelings in her heart. She may lose her way but she truly has a core of gratitude and recognition in her heart. With that, all is possible.

Nancy

I so agree, it was the core feelings I really wanted to see because for so long I thought there were none.

Nancy