Life Goals

JJJ

Tigger and his best buddy both turned 13 recently. When Tigger came home from playing at the other boys house, he told me that they had a long discussion about their futures since, now that they are teenagers, they have to start focusing on becoming adults.

Tigger's Life Goals

1. Have a good wife.
2. Have a nice house, it's okay if it is small.
3. Have 10-12 kids! (just kidding mom, I think I want 3 kids.)
4. To have a normal life; just a plain, normal, happy life.

I told Tigger that he had great goals and that I was sure he would achieve them all.

He told me that he was pretty confident too but that he had one BIG problem he had to solve first......"Mom, I know so many nice girls, I don't know which one I should marry!!" :rofl:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I love this!!!

As far as all those nice girls... He has lots of time to decide. But it is good that he recognizes he will have a CHOICE and shouldn't settle.

JJJ

At his age, I wanted 12 kids too. Of course, that was before I even knew what a difficult child was. :rofl:

DammitJanet

That is so cute...lol

And would you believe that at 12, I wanted 12 kids too...lol. I was a lonely only and thought that would be wonderful. Then I found out what you had to do to have kids and my solution was to adopt!

love it.

mine turned 13 today....think she might get a consult with tigger? sounds like he's a man with a plan.

minus the 12, or even 3 kid part :-D

DDD

I love it. Such a positive outlook. Of course the sense of timing is a bit off, lol. :) DDD

H

HaoZi

Let's see, mine's 10... that's only a 3 year difference so in a few years she might be in dating range (if I allowed her to date before the age of 30)...

InsaneCdn

Let's see, mine's 10... that's only a 3 year difference so in a few years she might be in dating range (if I allowed her to date before the age of 30)...
Uhhhhh.... as if you'll have much control on that front, LONG before that age...

H

HaoZi

Considering what I've seen in her age group I'm happy she's not boy-crazy now, let me dream a little longer.

InsaneCdn

She's 10. You might have another 5 years... depending on the kid, maybe 8 years (I wasn't interested in the opposite gender until I was done HS. For some strange reason, the guys magically matured over that summer and were totally different once college started!) ... just that, hoping for twenty years is... a wee bit much... Nice dream, but a bit fuzzy on the dates?

(pun not intended, but I'm too brain-tired to word it any other way)

H

HaoZi

Honey, this is America, most of 'em start early on the boy-crazyness. Acting on it might be something else, but the crazy part starts early, and in my family 12 is about average for the boy-crazy to kick in and 15 to act on it.

InsaneCdn

(thank goodness I'm in Canada?)
K2 is... going on 14, and isn't anywhere close to boy-crazy yet. Thinks her peers at school are totally insane. So I'm hoping she'll pass 15 before it hits... or maybe even take after her mom.