Life on Mars

muttmeister

Why is it that everytime I find a TV show I can actually watch and enjoy, they cancel it?:mad:
I don't watch much - even though I have satellite TV, it seems like the more channels I get, the fewer things are on that I want to watch.
I did get interested in Life on Mars but after watching it tonight, I went to the website and see that it is being cancelled.
My favorite show WAS Boston Legal so of course they cancelled that. A couple of seasons ago, I watched the one where a whole bunch of American cities got nuked -can't remember the name of it - but of course they cancelled that too.
I refuse to watch reality TV - I know enough stupid morons in real life that I do not choose to watch them on TV. I do watch Big Bang Theory, NCIS, the original CSI (but I'm losing patience with that), and Numbers but other than that, I see very little except for Regis and The View in the mornings and the news in the evening. Once in awhile I watch a little History channel or Science channel and once in awhile I watch the Military channel but mostly what is on is crap!
I guess that's why I'm currently finishing my 43rd book since the 1st of January.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Mutt, I agree with you that there are so many channels and little on of any interest especially on Sat and Sunday when normal people actually may have time to watch something.

I don't get why they move the shows around and change the times. Stupid.
I love Grace on TNT. husband thinks it's too gritty but I really enjoy it. Holly Hunter is wonderful.
There is supposed to be a series with Glenn Close on cable but I haven't found it yet. Got great reviews.

CSI(original) is not doing it for me anymore either. I do like the Mentalist and Without A Trace yet.

Good for you for reading. I seem to have the attention span of a gnat lately.

Last edited:

JJJ

I agree the shows I love either get canceled or changed in some way that make them unpleasant. This summer Lifetime is coming out with Drop Dead Diva that is starring my favorite Broadway actress (Brooke Elliott) so I'm looking forward to that!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
yep, used to have a hard time deciding what to record, now it's only 24, LOST and The Closer...... started watching the nuked city show (Jericho) and they pulled it, used to like the scifi show Eureka about a town full of geniuses and they pulled it, occasionally liked a few other shows, but try not to get too involved cause know they will yank it...... the Glenn Close show on either HBO or showtime (which we don't get) is called Damages, sounded good but will wait till it shows up on TNT or A&E.......

svengandhi

Fran -

The Glenn Close show is called "Damages."

I loved "Life on Mars." I was a teenager in NYC in 1973 and the scenes of the city are so realistic and authentic plus the music is amazing. I am so ****** it is getting canceled.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
It's nice to know I'm not the only one who seems to be cursed. Seems all I have to do is show interest in a series for it to be cancelled. So now, I wait until their in re-run and then watch. lol

But I agree. We have 200 channels and it is so hard to find something decent to watch that most of the time I don't even bother. I don't like reality tv at all. So that nixed what like half the shows from right off the top? lol