Life update: We got an RV!!

BusynMember

It looks almost new with only 28,000 miles, has everything we wanted for a great price!

It is really going to happen, the RV traveling!!!

On another note, wr decided to buy our own land in beautiful, desirable, touristy area of Wisconsin that has a lot to do, is right on Lake Petenwell (for those who know Wisconsin) and where Sand Valley Golf Club was just built (they spent a fortune on it and it is supposed to be THE golf club in Wisconsin) so land and home values are rising fast. Also has a dirt bike trail, ATV trails, lots of hunting and fishing and lots of activities. We will put a nice mobile home or small house on the land (or buy land that that has one there already) but the investment will be in the land. I am as excited as a little girl.

We will also pick up a cheap but good boat for us and Jumper and her fiance can use it whenever. Jumper is so excited. She will benefit from sll this too. As eill Sonic.

Hub and I rarely owned anything in 23 years of marriage. Now we will finally have an appreciating asset of our own and a little money in the bank and the ability to enjoy each other's company in a fun and exciting way. Jumper and Sonic too!

Texas, here we come! And trips to other states too!!!

Last edited:

Lil

:bravo:OMG! I'm SO excited for you!!!

And incredibly jealous! You seem to have my dream bought - RV and recreational land. How wonderful!
:congrats::cheers::beautifulthing:

Jabberwockey

Must admit that when I first noticed Lil's update in the What's Up box in the upper left hand corner, my initial reaction was that she has forgotten to tell me something fairly important!

Congratulations SWOT! Enjoy!

Lil

I seriously do wish we could just sell the house, use our money to fix up the cabin - or sell both and buy an RV and different (closer) land now - I think I could work and still live in an RV. Maybe we could find a friend who would let us park on their property thru the week? :sneaky:

Lil

Well then there's nothing else for it. SWOT, you have to adopt us and let us live with you. :) That we're practically the same age has nothing to do with it.

Seriously...VERY jealous. Congratulations!

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
We're trying to figure out how to retire at 65 which is early but a ways off.

So for now just trying to stay healthy so we can retire and enjoy life then too!

Stress reduction is so important in that mix.

BusynMember

We are going to be debt free as we will pay cash for all and eill have no bills or rent or mortage payments. We dont need a lot of money to retire and feel 66 is too old to do that although we can do seasonal/part time work. And may during the time we are back home.

No interest in working until we are dying!!

Kathy813

Staff member
How exciting for you! I retired from face-to-face teaching this year and it is wonderful! I still teach part-time online but I can do that in my pajamas with my dogs at my feet.

My husband plans to retire from teaching at the end of the year. We plan to start traveling when he does.

~Kathy

Last edited:

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
upload_2017-10-5_11-18-25.png

pigless in VA

I can't top Tanya's beautiful post, but I will say that if you head to West Virginia or the western part of Virginia, that you had better let me know. I would love to visit with you and your husband.