Life's massive monkey wrenches...

greenrene

HA! I might have mentioned elsewhere how sister in law wanted to give difficult child a "fresh start," meaning difficult child is allowed limited internet use, they got her a phone with restrictions, etc? I told sister in law from the get-go that difficult child has NEVER seen a "fresh start" as an opportunity to make the right choices, that all a "fresh start" means to her is the opportunity to still do what she wants, only be more sneaky about it.

Come to find out just now that difficult child has, totally without permission, set up a FB page. Her whole page is disturbing, but most of all is her relationship status - she is "in a relationship" with an adult who lives in Nigeria.

I forwarded the info to sister in law, who said that yes, they caught her with it at school yesterday. And that they have also had to lock down her phone.

I'm sorry, but I'm almost laughing - THAT is the kind of KOI we've been dealing with for YEARS!!!!!!! I tried to tell sister in law just how sneaky and hell-bent on misbehaving that difficult child is, and now they're dealing with it first hand. HA!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
HA! I might have mentioned elsewhere how sister in law wanted to give difficult child a "fresh start," meaning difficult child is allowed limited internet use, they got her a phone with restrictions, etc? I told sister in law from the get-go that difficult child has NEVER seen a "fresh start" as an opportunity to make the right choices, that all a "fresh start" means to her is the opportunity to still do what she wants, only be more sneaky about it.

Oh - I just loathe the phrase "Fresh Start"....it's just about as bad as "Behavior Chart"...

(Don't even get me started on folks who think one or the other will suddenly change things...)

rejectedmom

Well, congratulations on the new little one! Not sure what to say about difficult child being returned to you since I don't know the backstory. If she is dangerous to the other children thenI'm hoping that a good alternative can be found. -RM

Bunny

I was wondering how things were going for your difficult child over at your sister in law's house. Honestly, I'm not surprised that she's thinkingn about having her come home. I know that she has tried to be supportive of you in the past, but until you actually live with a difficult child you don't really know what it's like. I think that Daisy is right. your sister in law probably thought that she would be looked upon as a savior of some kind, but she's realizing that trying to parent and discipline a difficult child is Occupational Therapist (OT) what she bargined for. How does your husband feel about the possibility of her coming home? Especially now that you are going to have a new little one? Does difficult child know about the baby? How did she take the news?