Lipstick in car fabric!

klmno

Ladies, it's my fault...I was multi-tasking and putting lipstick up while turning AC off (not while driving but after parked and rushing into work) and the lipstick just happened to fall where it left a mark on the seat fabric of the new car. Doe anyone have any idea how to get this out of the fabric? I took a napkin and tried to rub it because I thought since it barely touched it, it should come off easily....it didn't....it smeared it. Now there's red lipstick smeared on a beige fabric. Great...

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Googled it:
Good luck.

[h=2]Instructions[/h]
    • 1Pick up any chunks of
      lipstick
      that are present on the seat using your fingers or tweezers.

• 2Scrape off melted lipstick using the dull side of a butter knife. Scrape toward the center of the stain to avoid spreading it.

• 3. Dab the stain with a clean paper towel to remove excess lipstick. Use a different part of the paper towel for each dab to avoid re-depositing the lipstick on the fabric. Do not rub the stain, as this will spread it.
      • 4Pour rubbing alcohol onto a clean rag and dab the stain to remove the lipstick. Use a different (clean) area of the rag for each dab to avoid re-depositing the lipstick on the fabric. This process will remove a vast majority of the lipstick from the car
        upholstery

• 5Spray degreaser onto any remaining traces of the stain and dab with a clean rag. If traces still remain, reapply degreaser and gently scrub the stain in a circular motion using a toothbrush; dab periodically with a rag and frequently wipe off the toothbrush to remove excess pigment.

InsaneCdn

Before you do ANYTHING on that spot... test the strategy on some spot that doesn't show, because not all cleaning agents work on all fabric types... you don't want to make it worse.