Literally gave a way a federal secret!

Andy

husband is working in the FDIC office in the town Diva went to yesterday. She called and asked me how to get hold of him since he did not have his cell phone on. I told her the building he was working in and to try a certain resturaunt at lunch time.

She went into the building and asked for husband. The person at the front desk said, "There is no one here by that name." "He is a bank examiner." The person got a funny look on her face and after hesitating, pointed Diva in the direction of the FDIC offices.

She came to an area listing offices. All the offices except the FDIC listed the room number. The FDIC was listed but no room number. Another person came out and looked funny when she asked for the FDIC room. She told them she was here to see her dad and that person took her to a room that was locked.

The staff person punched in numbers to unlock the door and took Diva and her friend inside. Everyone was surprised to see them but very nice about them being there. Someone went back to get husband.

husband asked me how Diva found where he was working. I told him that I had told her which building he was in and to just walk in and ask for him. He didn't say a word to me.

Apparantly since 911, FDIC headquarter locations are secured and sort of secretive. That is why EVERYONE was puzzled to have Diva and her friend there asking for the office. husband should have told me not to tell anyone that it was in that building. I didn't think it was that big of a deal.

So, if the feds come take me away, hopefully I will have computer access in the cell? Wonder what husband will say when he gets home tonight.

:secret::nonono::slap:

mstang67chic

Going Green
Hey, if it was that big of a deal, he should have said something. Honestly, how many kids that age don't know what building their dad works in?

At least you didn't post stuff on the internet. I read recently where a woman posted pictures of her, her husband, their kids, their vacation, home....all sorts of stuff on her Facebook page. Not normally an issue right? Well, in her case, her husband is the head of some hush hush intelligence agency in Britain. Whoopsie!

susiestar

Roll With It
Banking rules are often secretive. Esp since 9/11.

When the S&L crash happened husband was working with a copy place that had a contract to do the document seizures of the S&Ls. They would meet at a parking lot and get in a couple of vans. They they would be driven to the S&L as a group. They went in right before tehy were to open for business and closed tehm for the day. Seized and copied ALL records. They even took their own copy machines with them. After the contract for all the S&L document seizures was over they destroyed the copy machines because they were afraid someone could get info off the drums or something. It was WILD.

The day Jessie was born he had to go to a seizure. He actually LET me in the delivery room to go and tell them he couldn't come in. I was PEEVED for YEARS over that. Now I think it is funny.

But if he hadn't shown, since the person who he would call to say we were in labor had her phone turned off, they would have sent police to find him. That was in case someone was kidnapped to learn where they were hitting next. This was in Cincy, where Keating's family is big in banking.

Andy

I haven't heard if husband got into trouble or not.

However, I did get an e-mail "Message from the FBI" this afternoon. :surprise:

I deleted it - figured if it wasn't junk they can contact me in person. The return email was the guy's name @fbi.govt.