Little Man back in Hospital

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
BabyJ woke up sick on Sunday morning, had a fever all day so daughter in law got hold of the docs and they wanted him admitted back to UMH. Fever resolved by the time he was admitted! But docs wanted to run tests and check things out.

He's got an infection in his lines, so they're treating with antibiotics and he should be fine. They're keeping him in the hospital all week, he needs to have 3 days with good labs before they'll release him.

BabyJ is in good spirits and is enjoying Trix cereal :tongue:

difficult child and daughter in law are struggling mightily in their relationship. They are deciding to separate. difficult child apparently has been 'seeing someone' during his forays up north to play with his stupid band.

Detach. Detach. Detach. Breathe. Breathe. Breathe. Pray. Pray. Pray.

Peace

Last edited:

CrazyinVA

Staff member
I hope BabyJ continues to improve and is out of the hospital quickly. I'm so sorry about the relationship of his parents ... but I imagine it will be less stress in the long run, for Mom. Hugs.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Aw, poor little guy, back in the hospital again. I hope he springs back fast; sounds like he will.

I'm so sorry about daughter in law and difficult child, but I agree that in the long haul, it may be easier for daughter in law to figure out what works best for her and Baby J without all the stress of dealing with an unruly difficult child. I hope they manage to continue to be supportive together as Baby J goes through everything. Hugs~

Fran

Former desparate mom
I'm sorry to hear about Little J. He is a trooper. Excellent news about eating Trix cereal? How old is he now?

I'm sorry that difficult child is not being the husband and father he should be. Sick babies are a strain on healthy relationships. I can just imagine how tragically difficult in a realationship with a difficult child, it must be. Hope they work things out and get together again to give this baby a better chance of having a life with both parents. Hugs.

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
BabyJ remains hospitalized. 2-day stay has stretched into a week+ . Docs put in a new line for BabyJ, called a picc line, in his arm last Friday. Saturday his arm was swollen! X-ray to ensure line was placed correctly, confirms it was but shows his heart is now enlarged! Ultrasound done, which confirms fluid in the sac around his little bitty heart.

Docs say this is a normal complication with non-cancer bmt patients, and no one knows the cause. Fluid should leave the body on its own. Monday there was more fluid, instead of less. They want to drain the fluid but need to decide if they should leave a chest tube in to drain further build-up. Big risk of infection if they leave in a tube.

Decide to simply drain the fluid, and the procedure was done last night. daughter in law reports all went well, and now medications will be added to help prevent any more fluid retention.

No more talk of separation, BabyJ's complications have sort of overriden that whole drama. Not sure if they're going ahead with it or if they've reconsidered.

Thanks all for your good thoughts & kind words!

Peace

DDD

Sending sincere caring thoughts. Sorry you guys are on such a rollercoaster ride. Hugs. DDD

Sue C

Hi PonyGirl!!!

I pray that BabyJ is better and out of the hospital soon. I hope things can work out between difficult child and his wife.

Hey--we're going to be vending in Sara Park this year instead of downtown Tomahawk. Please come and see me.

Hugs,
Sue