little victory and wish me luck...

change

Hey Everyone...

First...TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a teacher so today was my last day of work (except for some inservices next week) for this school year and we had a nice faculty party at lunch. My best friends are at work so it was all good.

Then, when I got home, my husband told me that he officially got the word from the principal that our daughter does not have to go to summer school after all. THANK GOD. She needs a break emotionally. She needs to work on one of the core subjects desperately but we can tutor her at home ourselves. That's our small victory. :)

Lastly, I'm about to get dressed to go out with a bunch of somewhat shallow women (not all of them) that I used to socialize with regularly because we used to see each other at a gym weekly and around the neighborhood. Ever since the big trauma though, I've been avoiding them like a disease because they are very judgemental and I have NEVER enjoyed that kind of cliquish, queen bee type of behavior out of people. If it weren't for a few of the nicer ones in the group and the fact that I run with them in 5k races once in awhile I wouldn't put myself through it anymore. Wish me luck because I know I will field questions about my kids and especially about where my son's been. These people have the "easy child's" of all time...know what I mean??? It's ridiculous. They themselves are also extremely competitive. (Not all of them, but majority.) I don't care about that but just trying to give y'all a mental picture of what I'm dealing with. These are my "party friends" or used to be anyway. We'll see how tonight goes...

Hope your Friday night goes well...

Thanks for listening...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
FWIW, I would find a new group of friends to hang out with. It's not worth your time to subject yourself to people who don't care about what you're going through with your family. Why should you have to keep that part separate? Even if they can't relate or don't entirely understand, friends should be there to support and encourage you.

I've got a group of gals I've played bunco with for the past 8 years or so. And although none of them have ever gone through what I have with my difficult child's or husband for that matter, they are all incredibly supportive and let me lean on or just vent whenever I need to. Our group has changed a bit over the years, and we recently lost a few members who moved away, so now we don't even have the full 12 to play a regular game. So we decided we'd still get together every month, and if we play, fine, and if not, fine, but we always have good food, good wine, yummy dessert, and an awesome time being together and talking about our lives.

Hope you have fun anyway tonight -- we all need to take a break from being a parent or spouse and just cut loose once in a while!

Wiped Out

Staff member
First off I have to say I'm a bit envious you're done with school-we still have two more weeks to go!

I'm glad you had a good last day and that your daughter doesn't need summer school!

Too bad you couldn't go out with just the nice ones from your group. I hope the evening turns out enjoyable!

MyFriendKita

Having difficult children does tend to socially isolate you, so it's good you have a group with whom you can get together even occasionally. I hope you're able to enjoy the company of the ones who are nice, and that the others aren't too obnoxious.

change

I survived and was able to get through the "queen-bee" stuff relatively unscathed. (LOL) :crazy1: I'm really glad I went because one of the nice ones told me she resigned her job that day and was all excited to get input from me about becoming a substitute teacher and then maybe a certified teacher. My career has been AWESOME and truly gotten me through some tough times (my precious students) so I had no shortage of things to tell her about the fulfillment I get compared to what she's missing (she's in corporate America and I came from there too years ago). In fact, I'm going to a high school graduation party tonight of a former student (son of one of my best work friends) and those kinds of things are such high points.

Have an awesome Saturday and thanks as always for listening and for all of your support!!!! Y'all are the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TerryJ2

What a relief about not going to summer school, and that you're finished for the yr!
Good luck tonight. Maybe someone will have a similar story and surprise you... (I know, I'm Pollyanna)

Christy

Happy Summer!!!!!

Glad you made it through your lunch. We live in a cliquish neighborhood where difficult child and our family just don't fit in as our values are jsut not the same. I tend to avoid them. Good for you for going to the lunch, I'm glad it worked out.
Christy