Local teen gets 196 years in prison

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:holymoly:

But I wonder, is an extreme sentence like that more likely to get overturned on appeal?? Cruel and unusual punishment?

Hard to justify that when you have murders walking after maybe 5-7 yrs.

DammitJanet

Wow...I expected this to be the sentence for that boy who killed his entire family not too long ago.

Also...did anyone notice that the kids name was Cory...lol. I have never met another Cory that wasnt a difficult child!

donna723

Wow! When I opened the link, I expected to see that this kid was some kind of axe-murderer or something! This kind of ridiculous sentence will be overturned almost immediately. The judge may have wanted to make an example of him, but all it will do is takes more of the courts' time re-hearing all this. It think the judge just wanted to get HIS name in the paper!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well personally - since this is ONE county over from where Dude is to be in court soon/whenever -

IT JUST FREAKED ME OUT. I can see all these local area judges getting together in a nice restaurant, then having brandy and cigars and saying "You know the parents of these kids aren't doing enough - or You know if we started making ridiculous sentences maybe these kids would get the message or - I need to be seen, going to run for council next term -"

The power these men wield is scary to the Mom of a difficult child.

DDD

If this type of Judicial horror was happening in one community it would be possible to say "that County is nuts".

It is NOT one City or ONE County or one State. The only people who really know what's going on are people who are directly involved. If you have a easy child family you just "assume" that there is some hidden ugliness that caused the Judges to go nuts like that.

Often I post a particularly bizarre/frightening sentencing choice where we live but I truthfully don't believe (even after years and years as an outspoken advocate in various areas)
there is anyone who can stop this ugly freight train of so called justice. As one of our local papers said just yesterday
"Prison budgets greatly increase: School budgets decrease as
a result". So sad. DDD