Long time since last post, difficult child update

I'm not sure when I last posted. I think it was in December. My now 13yr old difficult child is now at a boys home and doing quite well. He was arrested the day after Thanksgiving for threatening me for the second time. After all the interventions we've tried the judge finally took him from my home.

For me it has been a blessing. My home is so peaceful now. difficult child visits home on the weekend for 24hr passes and next week he'll get a 48hr pass. He's happy to be home and not as eager to pick a fight with me.
We still have a long road ahead. While difficult child's open hostility, violence and disrespect have gone, at least for now, he's still manipulative, defiant, and out right lying to my face. For the first couple of weeks at the boys home the entire staff thought he was an angel. And then the honeymoon was over and they got to see first hand what I was dealing with. This weekend is his first weekend home after a two week "freeze" on his visits. This was his consequence for fighting with another boy at the facility.

I just wanted to thank everyone on this board for getting me through the last year. I couldn't have done it without you. I look forward to catching up with you all and getting your advice. This is still my best resource and sounding board.

busywend

Glad to hear that difficult child is getting the help he needs. You enjoy the peace and find something to pamper yourself with!