Look what they are building less than a mile from my house

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
http://www.losangelesfootballstadium.com/images

I think the only saving grace is most of the games will be on Sunday - although those occasional Monday nite games will be giving people who have to take the 60/57 interchange thoughts of clawing at their face and eyes sitting in traffic going nowhere..

The boys are estatic that LA will have a football team again, and difficult child more so cause they have been rumors they they are trying to get the Chargers for the new stadium :)

Marcie

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
25 years ago I lived in an apartment that overlooked the Jack Murphy stadium in SD, Marcie. Are the Chargers even considering a move since they already have a new stadium...don't they (well, at least it's new since I left)?

And yes............the traffic on game day is pretty obnoxious, not to mention the roars from the crowd.

Suz

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
The Chargers have been asking for a new stadium, but its not in the cards as far as San Diego goes so there is talk about them definately moving - or bringing the rams back..

difficult child has already been thinking about renting our driveway space during game days since, after all, we are only one block from where the bus stops, and he and his friends can park here at the house, and take a bus which would drop them off at the stadium plus we also have a spare room so if anyone from out of town wants to come....

I have already told him i am not running a meeting place for difficult children, nor renting out my driveway, plus I am not doing a bed and breakfast gig either.

He is going to make me nuts for another two years during which time he will be obsessing how to make a buck LOL

susiestar

Roll With It
We live in a college town and sometimes the only way we see my in-laws is when they come for a game. We actually do a drop off and pick up when they come for a game, esp since father in law had a new knee put in.

You CAN make some extra $$$ renting your driveway, but YOU should problem do it, or husband. Otherwise who knows what kind of problems could come up.

Sorry for the construction mess and the game noise to come.

Susie

N

Nomad

I would probably section off an area of your property, probably to the side, for parking and making some money.
I would also section of a part in the front so that folks couldn't walk on it, so that it stays nice. After all, this is your home. However, if you can make a few bucks off it...sounds like a silver lining for sure.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Unfortunately its easy for Dan to slip into an obsessive mode and I think I may need to be heavily drugged for the next two years due to excessive conversations and speculations over this stadium.

Driveway parking with him could easily slide into a car wash, or valet parking, hawking hot dogs and cold drinks, nope, am not even considering renting the driveway - it wouldn't be necessary as there will be a LOT of parking available there.. This thing is supposed to bring in jobs in the thousands - hopefully he will find one he likes

Marcie