Looking for a book recommendation

M

ML

I am looking for a book to help a teenage girl cope with the divorce of her parents. My friend's daughter is having a rough time feeling abandoned by her father whose new girlfriend just moved in. The dynamics are changing and she is grieving the loss of the relationship (very close) she had with her dad.

My girlfriend said the only one she is willing to talk to about this situation is me. I want to make sure I give her some good ideas about how to help herself feel better in this situation.

I am going to try and encourage her to see a counselor of course. But in the meantime I would like to recommend a book for her. I feel so bad for this girl. She is adopted and is no stranger to feelings of abandonment. She was the only girl and her father's little angel.. until now.

Thanks!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm lookingfor a friend........her name is ONE L...............ahem..........

WHERE OH WHERE HAS SHE BEEN????????? LIBRARY??????

S

Signorina

I don't know about a book for the daughter - but the mom (or you?) may want to read [h=1]Helping Your Kids Cope with Divorce the Sandcastles Way by Neuman[/h]
It gets really good reviews - and a friend was just recommending it to another friend today!

B

Bunny

I have no recommendations, but I wanted to say that I think it's great that you are there for your friend's daughter. It sounds like she needs you.

M

ML

I'm sorry 2L. I have let the business of life keep me away. I will do better. I miss you.