Look's as though I'll be home alone

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
for Christmas. If I had the choice I'd be heading down to my dad's house but the forecasted weather is getting in the way.

The tweedles, either way, will sit here & stew in their juices. Between wm stealing money & kt running on a weekend pass I've had it with the both of them.

Do I still love them - you betcha.

However, I will not let another holiday be ruined by their antics; I'll have a staycation if necessary. kt & wm will receive their gifts after the holiday.

I need to get over the "mad" & find the calm in the season. I have to find peace of mind before my brains start leaking out of my ears.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
{{{Linda}}} Hopefully the weather forecast is wrong and you'll be able to make that trip to your dad's after all.

How about inviting someone else over for an early dinner or dessert or something like that - keep it casual but break up the day? Or let a friend a know that you're available and perhaps snag an invite.

My girls will be in NY with their dad and his family this year, so H and I will be alone. We usually hit up the movies on Christmas Day and I've invited a friend of mine to join us this year as her kids will be gone and she will be alone (and she doesn't want to spend the day with her extended family). Before and after the movie I plan on grazing and napping. It's just another day reallly. Love and hugs~

SRL

At the moment my mom is planning to come down but if the weather's bad or if she's sick I'll be home alone for most of the day since I'm not traveling following surgery. I suspect there are more people or home alone or having very quiet holidays than I'd imagined before.

Since I don't have to satisfy anyone's idea of a holiday, I was thinking to carry out Mexican food but the place will be closed both on Christmas Eve and Day. I'm going to keep looking for places that are open.

I'm actually looking forward to a peaceful day, but Linda I know nothing that's come your way has been what you would have chosen. Gentle hugs to you, SRL

Steely

Linda
I am home alone as well. I hope to find mental peace........but I will be satisfied if I just get through it without massive depression.
Matt found out I was coming to visit and threw the tantrum of all tantrums. Police and everything. Nice warm Christmas feeling. For both of us. Good thing I had already sent gifts up ahead of time.
You would really think I was the worst parent, ever. Instead, I obviously loved too much, which causes him to feel guilty, which in turn leads to meltdowns. I am not sure actually. I am just guessing, as no one has ever truly enlightened me. I just know I make things worse.
Anyway. Hugs to us Christmas loners & more power to us!!!!:christmaslights:

tiredmommy

Maybe you could bake up some doggie treats and bring them to the local shelter on Christmas Eve... that may help you feel a little better. I wish we lived closer; we could spend the day together. Gentle {{{hugs}}}

Lothlorien

I'm sorry that the two of them are pulling this nonsense right now. I'd be pretty steaming mad, too. Christmas holidays are so stressful for difficult children....it brings out the worst in them a lot of times. I'm sure the release date in January is adding to the stress for kt as well. I wish you had some relatives local for you to spend some time with on the holiday. Certainly, if you lived in NJ, I'd scoop you up for the day and bring you home.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Linda,
I'm sorry. I wish there was a way to get you to Wisconsin to see your family. Like you said the weather here is supposed to be crummy. Any way you could leave earlier in the week so you're there before the bad weather? Hugs.

pepperidge

If it turns out you are all by your self --and there is worse-- think about totally indulging yourself. A good video, hours of painting, music of your choice, a great meal most of which you got someone else to cook, a nap, fireplace, long bath, whatever floats your boat. You will be sad perhaps, but maybe also feel some peace too. You will survive, and next year you can plan for something else. Perhaps New years with your dad?

I'm with you-no difficult child antics on Christmas day. Their actions have consequences.

You've done your best and then some. It is beginning to be up to them. Sad but true.