Lord help us all...my first onslaught of family comes after midnight tonight!

DammitJanet

Jamie and family were supposed to arrive late tomorrow afternoon but he called his father and told him that they had decided to pack up and leave Thursday night after Jamie got off from work. Now notice he didnt ask if it was okay with us, he just told us they were coming down. This puts them arriving at our house at 11 on a good day. It is 12:30 now and he still isnt here. He called me about 9 to tell me that they were stuck in traffic about an hour above Richmond and they hadnt moved over a mile in the last hour. I havent heard from them since. They got stuck in the traffic over the cop shooting.

However, I am a bit upset with them coming early because I still needed all day tomorrow to get my stuff together. I havent wrapped the kids presents or cleaned my room. I havent cleaned the kitchen either. Tony, Billy and I managed to get the rest of the house somewhat presentable but she is just going to have to use Billy's bathroom to give the kids their baths. I dont want her in my bathroom this time. I have my handicapped stuff in it now and I dont want to take it in and out. I have also had to hide the stuff we have got for Keyana because I dont want to even get that jealousy thing going. Also they wont know that I got Billy the Kindle Fire. I didnt get Jamie and Billie anything for xmas. Tony did ask me what I got them for Xmas and I told him nothing and he was surprised. I asked him point blank what they have gotten us in the past several years for birthdays, mothers or fathers days or xmas's. He couldnt remember. I think I can remember 2 presents Jamie has got me since he has been out of my house. A pair of slippers and a keyboard for my computer that was made for a mac. I have a easy child. He got it at a flea market used. He did tell me one time when he called to tell me happy birthday two days late that he was at the mall on my birthday that he had bought his wife a gold dipped rose for my birthday. Aww gee...that was nice. And he couldnt have just bought it for me and mailed it to me?

No....Im not gonna get them anything. I have done stuff other years but they will have to understand the budget is tight this year.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet, they're guests in your home, they go where you tell them to go. If they don't like it, next time they can book a motel. And honestly, I'd be pushing that theme this year after what Billie has put you through in the past.

As for the gifts, or rather lack there of, don't blame you. I buy my adult kids gifts when i can afford it because they never fail to buy me something. And well, because I like to. Usually it's nothing expensive but this year they're in for a surprise. If they never bought me anything I'd just never bother either. They're adults, not 10.

I hope it goes smoothly and the grandkids behave and are pleasant since Keyana won't be there. (hoping that keeps the jealousy thing in check ugh) Sending good thoughts your way and keeping my fingers crossed.

Hugs

Good luck to you, I hope Billie behaves herself and treats you and Tony with respect. I agree with Hound, she's a guest in your home, she should act gracious and be greatful for any hospitality you offer them.( As long as she doesn't start complaining and putting on her negative attention seeking show, you'll get throguh it fine.) I wouldn't feel bad about not getting them anything, clearly they don't exhange gifts with you. I really hope you have a nice visit, one where you can enjoy your grandchildren. I'm crossing my fingers that Billie behaves herself.

DammitJanet

Well they arrived at 2 with cranky kids one of which threw up from being carsick. They had to throw his blankets in the washer right off the bat so I had to dig through the closet to find McKenzie's baby blankets that I had here. Thankfully I had some here. I wasnt opening the bed in a bag I have for her crib that has never even been put on the new crib. Speaking of the crib, we couldnt even get it put up because some of the hardware was missing...sigh. Gonna have to go get some at the hardware store. That ticks me off. It was probably in Cory's bag so maybe he has it if he hasnt put his crib up and tossed the extra stuff. Hope not.

I waited up for them and Tony went to sleep and now I havent been able to fall asleep. Figures. If I miss my sleep window I have a terrible time. I just took an extra klonopin to see if it will knock me out. Hopefully will. Of course, then I will sleep till 11 but the kids will wake me up anyway. I need to get to the store to exchange something and send tony to get a video game for Hailie anyway. I couldnt find it last weekend. I also need to threaten Cory within an inch of his life about telling Jamie and Billie about Keyana's Xmas present. I dont want them to know I got her the tablet. jealousy again. Of course, I didnt get her much except that. That and the boots step sent me and one other thing. And the bed for her doll that Tony is supposed to make if I can tie him to the house long enough to build it. The one other thing only cost about 10 bucks but I think she will like it. I have been loading down her tablet with free apps and music and videos but they are all free. I wouldnt trust Hailie with such a thing. Not now and not ever. I have seen her and her parents throw things. I have never seen Keyana throw anything.

LittleDudesMom

Janet, you were going down just as I was waking up! I'm up every morning at 4:30 - I heard what a parking lot 95 south was yesterday...

Hope everyone is on their best behavior and you have fun with grands.

Sharon

DammitJanet

Im already up...sigh. Tony got up to use the potty and woke me up. I sleep so lightly that any movement really wakes me up. I thought they had put Mikey down in the living room so we couldnt go out in the living room or kitchen or else we would wake him but evidently they must have moved him during the night. Tony was so miserable in the bedroom he went to go out to get his pants so he could at least go out to McDonald's for coffee but Mikey wasnt there so he made his coffee in the kitchen. After he finishes it we are going out to Walmart to get a few things.

klmno

Wow- this sounds so hectic! I don't do well on lack of sleep- good luck and I hope you can somehow have a nice weekend in spite of it all. As far as no gifts for the older boys- hey, they are the ones who decided to stop exchanging gifts so you're just following their plan, right?

donna723

OMG!! You mean they got there at 2 A.M.??? With two little kids? What were they thinking? When we make our trip to S. Carolina, I have to plan out the timing very carefully. If I leave at a time that is convenient for US, we will get there in the middle of the night and I just won't do that to them! And I sure wouldn't change my mind and come earlier than they were expecting us on short notice! How rude!

And you are exactly right not to get anything for the adults! I wouldn't either. Billie is a guest in your home and she should act like one. If she can't keep from being rude and thoughtless, I would give them directions to the nearest motel! You don't have to put up with her childish nonsense, especially in your own home! I don't see how you do it! You must be much more good hearted and patient than I am because I would have backhanded that woman right across the room long, long ago!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Hopefully after a good night's sleep tonight, things will settle down and everyone will find their groove. Don't stress about the little things - big hugs.

Your house, your rules!

DammitJanet

So far things are going okay except that Hailie isnt eating anything. She choked on a piece of candy at her other grandfather's house last weekend so now she is convinced that she will choke on everything she puts in her mouth so she is refusing to eat at all. If she is forced to eat a bite, she will make herself gag and spit it out on the floor. I made one off hand comment to her about how if little kids stop eating for so long the doctors put them in the hospital and feed them through a needle no matter what the reason but that it was her choice but I didnt want food spit on my floor, that wasnt going to fly. Now her mother is freaking out and punishing her every other sentence so Hailie about miserable. I would just give it up and figure she will eat when she gets hungry but I would limit the amount of milk she gets to drink. There's nothing wrong with her...just attention seeking.

Then I tried to take a nap because I only got 2 hours of sleep but of course my door doesnt lock and the kids kept coming in and out so I kept getting interrupted. Sigh. Nighttime cant come soon enough. Right now Im hiding in my room because that is where I can smoke! Wouldnt want me to smoke around little ones now would we?

TerryJ2

Oh my! It turned out to be as bad and hectic as you had anticipated. I read about the trooper shooting. Sheesh. VA Tech and now the trooper. So tragic.
Anyway, I totally agree with-you about not buying gifts. Stick to your guns! Gift giving should be voluntary, thoughtful, and fun. Period.
I also agree with-you about the bathroom. Quite the hassle.
I KNOW you will sleep tonight. You've had a very long day.

DammitJanet

Well I messed up my medications today. Evidently when Tony woke me up at 6 am I must have reached for my morning morphine pill by habit and taken it without thinking about it. Then because I was so sleepy from only having 2 hours of sleep I decided to attempt to take a nap again...I saw my medications and said..oh need to take my medications. Popped my medications again. This stuff doesnt happen when I am awake and alone. I have a routine. Anyway...I couldnt keep my eyes open. Every time I tried to get up to see everyone I would have to go back to bed to lay down because I was just so tired. I kept falling asleep. Good thing was Mandy brought the baby over so they kept each other company and Im sure complained about me together...lol.

H

HaoZi

Geeze, hope Hallie eats soon. Last thing you need is Billie bunking in your house because Hallie is in the local hospital. They tried Ovaltine or Boost or some such to at least get some nutrition in her? (at least enough so she can go to the hospital at their location!)

Hope you have a decent time and Cory manages to keep his trap shut.

DDD

I hope all goes well. Have to tell you, though, that it sounds like you are doing too much for your own well being! Sorry if I sound like a worried Mother, lol. DDD

BusynMember

Oh, Janet, you don't realize it but you are lucky...lol. I wish I could see all my kids over the holidays...and my grandson :) I hope things go smoothly for you and that you don't get too stressed out.