Lordy, what a day!

klmno

This is good for me- it gets me back in a routine of a regular work day and so forth so I'm really not complaining- I am just sooooo tired!!

I got up a little before 7:00 so I could do some work for this company that hired me as a consultant since I had a meeting scheduled with them for early afternoon. I figured I'd have a cup of coffee and lurk around a couple of my favorite websites, then be awake enough to start. Simple enough? Oh no- my computer had been taken over by a trojan or worm or something. I tried to run a virus scan- knowing it would end up taking about 30-45 mins. It didn't work- the "thing" had already infiltrated my virus protector. That's when I was starting to panic because I had to get this work done.

I spent another hour or so trying to get rid of it without losing any of my files, and finally was successful. Then I did as much work as I could, as fast as I could, jumped in the shower, went to the meeting, talked to them about a letter after the meeting- and they were fine with writing me one. I came home, wrote difficult child and made a grocery list, went out to the store and run errands, came home, and guess what? One of the people who lives near me had dropped the letter off and left it on my porch!

I had told her I would stop by and pick it up- lord knows there is no teenage boy to introduce her to at home right now and I sure didn't want to open the door and have her see holes in the wall so I'm glad I wasn't here when she came by. Still- it was very nice of her to get that done so quickly and drop it off, even though I told her it would be ok- I'd come by tomorrow or Thurs. to get it.

Now I'm just tired and need to catch a second wind so I can heat left-over fish and fry a potato to eat with a can of beans and my last piece of left-over cornbread!! I really want to eat all that, too, so I better get that second wind. I really must have seriously burnt out after 14 years of being a single working mom because I don;t have half the energy I used to- now I just feel old.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sounds like a tiring day but satisfying in the end! Glad you figured out the whole virus thing-I would have totally been thrown for a loop!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I think at this point in the game, I'd have just screamed, pulled out my hair, and crawled in a hole. Kudos to you for "beating" the worm.

And nice of them to drop off the letter!

M

ML

It's a good tired though! I promise it will get easier once you get into a routine. I totally get the old and tired part though but I'm probably 10 years older than you! Hugs, ML

klmno

thank you! ML, I'm definitely not younger than you but we're close. I do think this is good as far as transitioning me back into full-time work- I'm trying hard to be flexible, go with the flow, and leave it up to fate/Higher Power as far as how this plays out. Who knows where I'll end up!

Yes- it is a good tired. I watched an old rerun of Golden Girls one night and one of them said she'd rather fall into bed worn out from exhaustion than to cry herself to sleep over worrying about how to survive. I can relate to that.