Loser Mom of the Year Award goes to .......ME!

EStephens

My difficult child was a total pain in my rear today. Whining and wailing and carrying on. We were in a car with him for 4 hours so no one had any sympathy and sadly we were just plain annoyed by him.
He started SCREAMING, so we headed to see his doctor, which thankfully kept the doors open for me.

difficult child has apparently had double ear infections for months because they are HORRIBLE now.
Poor kid. I feel like such a donkey!!!

lovelyboy

Aghh...... This happens!
Tomorrow all will look a little better! Hugs! Just tell him you made an error of judgement and appologise....
Think you need to get the award for bravest mom of the year, because you were willing to take a trip of 4 hours with a difficult child in the same car!!!

InsaneCdn

Think you need to get the award for bravest mom of the year, because you were willing to take a trip of 4 hours with a difficult child in the same car!!!​

Read more: http://www.conductdisorders.com/forum/f6/loser-mom-year-award-goes-me-49973/#ixzz23gsL6WX2
Lovelyboy... where's that <LIKE> button!!! You are so totally correct.

As far as missing an ear infection... we have a kid who is very super-sensitive and highly communicative from a young age, and... somehow, a couple of times it still got away on us, too. So, don't be too hard on yourself.

pasajes4

Don't feel too bad. When my difficult child was 10, I had a similar experience with mine. He was at school and started pounding on the desk and falling out of his desk. The school called me to come get him. I took him to his doctor and it was determined that he had mono,and because it was not discovered early on (my son had not complained) his spleen had ruptured.

SuZir

If it is any help, you are not the only one. I have taken my difficult child to doctor five days too late with frigging broken bone. Had to be operated because it had started to heal incorrectly. He had hurt it while doing something he shouldn't (fell from the roof he had no business being on) and didn't complain because he was afraid to get caught. I certainly wasn't feeling like a mom of the year either...

aeroeng

Mom of Three
I am also in the competition (although it was not really this year). But, once easy child crashed on his snowboard. He tends to complain a lot for little things, and complained a lot this day. I made him walk to the ski lodge. Turned out he had ruptured his spleen and was bleeding internally. Two weeks in intensive care (so they could monitor the bleeding) and then three months of limited activity. He is fine now.

No mater how hard you try, you (we) will still make mistakes.

T

TeDo

ES, when you have a child that acts like ours much of the time and they use those same behaviors to indicate they are sick, how on Earth is ANYONE supposed to know the difference? I have missed many things for that exact reason and I also felt the guilt. It was only recently that I forgave myself because I realized I can only do what I can with what I know. There is no way to KNOW so we do the best we can. ......and this is one of those things that I was referring to a while back about getting to the WHY of the behavior. There is almost always a reason, we just have to figure it out. Now you know....

You are a WINNER mom for taking him to the doctor. And you are a HERO mom for figuring it out in the midst of all you've got going on.

Reward yourself for a job well done.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
There likely isn't one of us who wouldn't be in the running for that title for similar reasons, so if you're loser Mom of the Year, then move over, you've got LOTS of company!! And, as others have mentioned, you're raising a difficult child, so Good Lord, without even trying, you get Hero Mom of the year!

cubsgirl

This happened to me as well. Parenting is so difficult - please don't be so hard on yourself. I think this happens to all of us at one time or another.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
ES, when you have a child that acts like ours much of the time and they use those same behaviors to indicate they are sick, how on Earth is ANYONE supposed to know the difference? I have missed many things for that exact reason and I also felt the guilt. It was only recently that I forgave myself because I realized I can only do what I can with what I know. There is no way to KNOW so we do the best we can. ......and this is one of those things that I was referring to a while back about getting to the WHY of the behavior. There is almost always a reason, we just have to figure it out. Now you know....

Well, said!

I also missed a double-ear infection...but like TeDo says: How could I possibly have realized that THIS bad behavior was different from the OTHER bad behavior??? After all, difficult child was FINE while we were on the swings, running around the park, playing games - it was only when I tried to send her to bed that there was screaming and complaints that her ears hurt. But there was ALWAYS screaming at bedtime. So who knew??? I certainly didn't...

But yeah, I felt like the WORST. MOM. EVER.

It happens. You are SO not alone!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Please don't be hard on yourself!! I have been in competition for that award more than you can believe!

TerryJ2

YIKES! All of you. All of us.
It's the quintessential story of The Boy Who Cried Wolf.
We're all human.
Hugs all around. :)